How come some have had payment prior to receiving a letter? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How come some have had payment prior to receiving a letter?

Caddersj
Caddersj Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited July 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi 

I see some people are saying they have received PIP monies in their bank prior to receiving a letter from DWP. How does this work ? Reason I ask is I await PIP after phone assessment and I have not given my bank details so how come some folk have had payment prior to official result? 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Caddersj

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Here’s some info for you below for pip.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

Please please let me know if there’s any problems/questions?

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Caddersj - & welcome to the community. You can ask for a copy of the assessor's report about a week after having your assessment. Ring the PIP enquiry line on 0800 121 4433. The assessor's report will likely give you an indication as to what award you may be given, as the DWP's Decision Maker usually goes with this. You will still have to wait for your decision letter to confirm, however.
    What usually happens is that you get a phone call requesting your bank details, & shortly after this you receive any monies if awarded. Some people do get any awarded money before they actually receive a letter confirming this from the DWP. Hope this helps. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome, If I remember correctly you give bank details on your application, I may be wrong.

When they call it is to check your basnk details are correct and there have been no changes and to check you havent had a hospital stay during the wait time

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.