EESA AND UNIVERSAL CREDIT — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

EESA AND UNIVERSAL CREDIT

Parrot123
Parrot123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
Hi, Looking for some advice if possible. I am a cancer patient who can never work again. If i go onto UC. do i lose money?
I get EEESA and pip
Many Thanks

Comments

• Parrot123
    Hello All. I hope your all well? I am on EESA and pip cancer patient who can never work again will i lose money if i switch to Universal Credit or can i change to the new style esa????

Many Thanks
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    There are two things firstly do you get SDP added on to your ESA? if so you can't change to UC. You are probably best staying where you are and waiting for managed migration if it ever happens, as you will get transitional relief. UC may well pay £20 a week extra but that's only for another 10 months.
    Having said all that to give better advice we would need more details, or you could always speak to CAB or welfare rights.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Parrot123

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.