Hi, my name is Rodge! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rodge!

Rodge
Rodge Scope Member Posts: 3 Listener
I am a widower, I have been on my own for the past 3 years. I am 82 years old, I have a little Yorkshire terror called Alfie who is 3 years old. I am registered disabled and I have difficulty in walking, my feet are very painful. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    @Rodger04B0

Welcome it’s meet you this evening.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you????

@steve51

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rodge welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you’re a widower and your feet give you pain. I hope you find lots to interest you on the site. All the best.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rodge - welcome to the community. Thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. I'm very sorry you're on your own now, but hope that Alfie helps just a little. My son has a Bedlington terrier called Stan, & I have a 1 year old cat called Shadow.
    We have a link where people who have pets talk about them, & share photos. You might be interested to have a look. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/71496/your-pets-pictures-please-share#latest
    Have you talked to your GP about your painful feet & difficulty walking? They may be able to help.
    I hope you enjoy being part of Scope's online community, as everyone here is very friendly & supportive. :)

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community glad you have joined us and feel free to have a look round and join in any discussions.

Im glad you have a little friend to keep you company, I look forward to seeing you around
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community! :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.