Diagnosis of ME/ CFS and struggling to comprehend or acknowledge it — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Diagnosis of ME/ CFS and struggling to comprehend or acknowledge it

Arty1
Arty1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am new to this site.I have had a diagnosis of ME/ CFS for a year and seriously struggles to comprehend or acknowledge it and the changes in lifestyle that I have to face. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Arty1

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to have meet today.

I’m one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I am sorry to hear about your current struggles/problems.

We have got some info/advice on here which might be useful for you.

@steve51

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Arty1 and welcome to the community! It can be difficult coming to terms with a diagnosis, there is no time limit with regards to acceptance, it can be a long and bumpy road and varies for each person.

Take each day as it comes and remember to pace yourself. All of us can relate to how you feel, so never feel like you're alone with this :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Arty1 - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I also can relate, tho in my own case I just gradually got worse due to the genetic disorder I have. Perhaps it's easier for me because of this, & Ami understands more about coming to terms with a diagnosis & the impact it can have on you. As mentioned, pacing is really important & does help. As does chatting here too. :)
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Arty1 nice to meet you and welcome.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Arty1, how are you doing today? :)
    Scope

• gentlegee1976
    gentlegee1976 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Hi, please feel free to message me with any questions that you may have. I've has CFS/ME for 8 years (but was only diagnosed properly 3 years ago). I understand what you're going through.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Hi @Arty1. I have got ME as well, I have had it for 7yrs but was only diagnosed last year. Like a lot of people with ME I was sent away by the doctor loads of times I was told it was all in my head and there was nothing wrong with me. I then changed dr and my new dr did every test possible to find out what was wrong with me. It is very difficult to get your head around because there are so many different symptoms and it is so unpredictable. One day you may be ok and then next day you won't even have the energy to get out of bed but you will learn to live with it. The main thing is not to push yourself too hard and take every day as it comes!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.