Ask an employment adviser
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

Should I put my disability on my CV?

AwesomelorenzoAwesomelorenzo Member Posts: 86 Connected
The jobcentre advise it, but I think it will turn people off me.

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 4,598 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi the decision is entirely yours and would depend on how much your disability affects you

It may not be advisable to put on CV but if it is going to restrict your ability to do the job then you should inform any companies who offer you an interview or put it down if asked on an application form

If you do let them know before then any employer that is part of the disability two ticks recognition scheme they should offer you a guaranteed interview if you meet the minimum requirements of the job role.  They are also required to make any adjustment required at application/ interview and selection stage too

If you want to know more about the two ticks scheme let me know

• AwesomelorenzoAwesomelorenzo Member Posts: 86 Connected
    Yeah. I would like to know more about the two ticks scheme.
    It is a recognition awarded by job centre to companies that demonstrate they are disabled aware and follow best practice with regards to equality and diversity 

They seek to employ and keep disabled employees

If they have the recognition they display 2 ticks on their application forms or online applications 
    Please note though that if a company doesn't have the two ticks it doesn't mean they dont encourage disabled employees it's just they have not gone for the recognition scheme 

It tends to be larger companies that go for it 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 10,619 Scope community team
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.