Will I be penalised? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I be penalised?

Options
jamiemcgahan
jamiemcgahan Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited July 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello there , My name is  Jamie

Comments

• Bryce10
    Bryce10 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    Hello. How are you?
  • jamiemcgahan
    Options
    Hello folks, I am shortly to be assessed by phone for P I P. I have been claiming P I P for 2 years .  In terms of communication, I scored zero points 2 years ago . My wife will not be here at home when I do the phone assessment. Given that my communication skills are good and so do not reflect my illness, and bearing in mind I scored zero points in that category before , should I be worried about being disqualified on the grounds that I may come across as being well.
  • jamiemcgahan
    Options
    I should have said that I will be doing the consultation without my wife being available to help me in the event of flagging and struggling somewhat during the P I P ASSESSMENT.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good afternoon @jamiemcgahan and welcome. :smile:
    Is there anything we can help with?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • jamiemcgahan
    Options
    Hi Adrian, I am due a phone assessment. I have been claiming for 2 years. Last time I scored zero points as my communication skills are unaffected by my illness. I will be doing the phone assessment on my own. Will I be penalized in some way for not having someone at my side to assist me. In other words , could my independence  be seen as though I am well enough to be disqualified from the P I P.

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @jamiemcgahan, someone will post online soon to help more, best wishes  :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jamiemcgahan

Good Afternoon & Welcome to our online community/family.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope

We have got some info on Pip here.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

Please have a good at this info as it will be a great help for you at you.

If you need any further help with this please please let me know?

Hi @Chloe_Scope

Can you please offer me some help with this post?????

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome @jamiemcgahan to the community

Dont forget PIP isnt just about communication, there are all the other descriptors. So in answer to your question the fact you can communicate and go through the assessment on your own isnt  a reason for you not getting PIP.

It depends on how your condition affects your day to day living.

I get enhanced PIP for both elements and can communicate , represent myself have financial awareness and read and write, what I cant do is the physical elements like preparing food, bathing, dressing, walking etc

Have copy of your form at hand and prepare to give real esamples of what you cant do against the descriptors eg need assistance, need prompting any aids you need , and what happened last time you tried to do the task

Good luck and any further advice just ask 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Answered n your other post

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.