Help please to avoid unfair credit check issues and/or smart meters when switching energy providers — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help please to avoid unfair credit check issues and/or smart meters when switching energy providers

Options
Lilegg
Lilegg Community member Posts: 60 Connected
I am recovering from cancer and I need to switch energy provider and have two issues. One is that I don't want, for personal health reasons' smart meter which uses WIFI. E.on accept I don't have to have one ( despite wha tit says on their terms and conditions but do insist on a credit check. I have eno credit issues and no credit cards or the like but know this can lead to trouble with these credit check companies. Because I have nothing for them to look at their 'expertise' can deem me bad risk. I know this to be true. Does anyone have any advice on how I can avoid being unable to obtain a loan should I need one in future other than the advice of not doing a switch? I am hoping that any company I join for energy will concede to my not having a smart meter.  I know my rights on that one. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.