Turning a negative into a positive — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Turning a negative into a positive

Wini1960
Wini1960 Community member Posts: 130 Pioneering
Hi I have suffered with mental health issues for a long time possibly because I didn't deal with lots of issues in my life namely sexual and emotional abuse by my parents. I had to give up a job of 21 years because I had a complete meltdown. In addition, I developed physical problems namely sacrilitus and degenerative lumbar spine. I am on so much medication but you know this year, in spite of my limitations, I feel as if I have turned a corner. I am helping to promote a GoFundme project for the purchase of my neighbourhood pub now up for sale.

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Wini1960, Well done for taking the initiative to do something that could potentially improve your life. 
    I wish you all the best with your fundraising. I hope you are successful. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to be negaitive but pubs are a really bad investment at the moment and probably will be for the forseeable future.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck @Wini1960 ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• JaneCambs
    JaneCambs Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Wow @Wini1960 what a courageous move to grab a dream and make it a reality. Sounds like you have come along way too. So happy for you :) I do hope it all turns out and you make many fond memories 
  • Wini1960
    Oxonlady Thank you for your kind words. I am a Christian and I have faith to believe nothing is impossible for God.
  • Wini1960
    JaneCambs Thank you for your encouraging words it means a lot to me going forward.
  • Wini1960
    woodbine Thank you for your response and its not a negative comment as you are entitled to your opinion. May I ask what are you doing in your life. Does it have purpose I would love to know. My team and I are looking to change the pub into a Cafe for all people especially the forgotten ie homeless, people like myself who have suffered with mental health issues, the LGBT community that are often abused because of their gender. So thank you but I trust a God who is big enough, wise enough and he will supply everything we need for this project to be a success. Have a blessed week?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    My comments were based on the fact that you stated you were trying to fund buying a pub and not the actual plans you now tell us about, which seems a great idea!
    And thanks for asking my life does have a purpose but it doesn't involve any religion.
    Good luck with what you are hoping to do.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Wini1960 That sounds like a very worthwhile and full fulling project. I hope it works out for you and that you get the funding you need for the purchase and set up.

Maybe do some local advertising and approach other businesses for support 

Good luck and keep us updated

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.