PIP Mobility & Daily Living Award have different end dates — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Mobility & Daily Living Award have different end dates

Lisa92
Lisa92 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hi,

I just wanted to see if anyone else knows if this is possible.

I was awarded Standard Daily Living and Enhanced Mobility components of PIP in Feb 2020 via Tribunal. My documents from the court advise this is for a period of 3 years leading up to July 2022. The court did say however the time-frame is a recommendation to DWP and they can choose not to abide by it if they wish. However upon looking at my paperwork tonight I can see on my "Certificate of Entitlement" that my Daily Living is awarded to July 2022 (3 years from claim start) and my Mobility award is until July 2020 (1 year from claim start)

I clearly didn't read it word for word when I got it but assumed as my Daily Living showed the 3 year time frame DWP had in fact agreed with the Tribunal Decision. 

I have reread all the tribunal paperwork and this clearly shows the same date for both components (July 2022). Is this likely to be a typo from DWP? Or is it in fact possible they have selected a smaller award time frame for Mobility?

I have had nothing from DWP in recent weeks, nothing since my claim was settled and back paid in March. Nothing to renew or anything of the sort?

I plan to ring PIP Enquiry line first thing tomorrow morning but of course this is now playing on my mind and I cant find anything, anywhere that says the dates could be different for each element of the award?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's very likely to be typo error and a simple phone call to DWP should solve the issue. I remember my daughters PIP review last time the decision letter had a date error which made no sense at all. I rang DWP and asked for a decision maker to ring me, which they did, shortly after. He did agree that it was a typo and i was sent the new corrected award letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisa92
    Hi,

It's very likely to be typo error and a simple phone call to DWP should solve the issue. I remember my daughters PIP review last time the decision letter had a date error which made no sense at all. I rang DWP and asked for a decision maker to ring me, which they did, shortly after. He did agree that it was a typo and i was sent the new corrected award letter.
    Thank you for such a quick response! When I received my award I also received a booklet on Mobility Scheme. Whilst I wanted to avoid joining the scheme today was a final straw for me. Our car is far to low for me and it leaves me in so much pain and today I am in agony having hurt myself getting in to it to go to a doctors appointment. I decided I needed to accept I do need some adaptions. So I was pulling out the paperwork to notice the dates. 

As my current award now shows an expired Mobility date (2 July 2020) last payment received as normal on 3 July 2020 I now need this rectified. Is this something the main line will help with or should I speak to a decision maker on it?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    They should be able to help. If they think you need to speak to a decision maker then they will tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Lisa92. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lisa92 I read this happening to another member recently with her sons paperwork maybe ask her or read her post @Lulu_1949
  • Lisa92
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @Lisa92 I read this happening to another member recently with her sons paperwork maybe ask her or read her post @Lulu_1949
    Hi,

Thank you guys for replying. Spoke to DWP this morning and it was an error. They confirmed the error was made within the appeals department and their systems show the correct dates. New award and certificate of entitlement being sent tomorrow 1st class. Hopefully it comes through quickly enough. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad it's been sorted @Lisa92! Hopefully you won't have to wait long. :)
    Scope

• Lisa92
    Glad it's been sorted @Lisa92! Hopefully you won't have to wait long. :)
    Me too Chloe! The only reason I went looking was because my mobility appointment was the next day. They have taken the decision notice and the current COE but it shows the wrong date but the Decision notice from Courts shows right date so Im hoping they can proceed now and accept the COE on collection as DWP are happy to speak to them and confirm the COE is valid. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.