Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

warning on priority slots, cancelling food boxes

worried33worried33 Member Posts: 387 Pioneering
edited July 28 in Disabled people
I cancelled my food boxes a few weeks ago as I didnt really need them, the letter promised that priority slots would not be cancelled at supermarkets.

In the last 2 weeks I have lost my priority slots at iceland and ASDA, so this is a warning, it seems cancelling the food boxes will also cancel your priority slots at supermarkets.

So I am now back at been unable to book slots.
Tagged:

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 1,085 Pioneering
    I did an online order with Iceland on friday night and they had slots avaliable every day, neighbours seem to be getting an Asda delivery every 2 weeks no problems.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 19,154 Disability Gamechanger
    My daughter had a tesco delivery a few days ago and she said there was plently of delivery slots. She tries to avoid the shops as and when possible and has done since lockdown began.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 508 Pioneering
    I've found plenty of slots at Sainsburys now.  Tesco is still booked up a week away though!  So I guess it depends on the individual stores & areas.
  • TopkittenTopkitten Member Posts: 1,143 Pioneering
    Tesco is ok here, last couple of weeks I ordered on Saturday and it was delivered on Monday or Tuesday.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 7,350 Scope community team
    Our helpline may be able to make some suggestions about what you can do here @worried33. You can call them on 0808 800 3333.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 4,661 Disability Gamechanger
    Shielding is based on the artificial concept of vulnerability which doesn’t really exist in law but has become much used as a useful distraction away from empowering European legislation. Those of you who would count as disabled under EA 10 may want to contact the likes if Fry law or PLP or Leigh Day or similar to look at a good old fashioned disability discrimination claim. Your slots can be argued as a reasonable adjustment depending on the facts of your case and let’s not forget the HRA either.
Sign in or join us to comment.