Premuture baby in over croweded house — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Premuture baby in over croweded house

Options
chaul
chaul Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi,

I hope someone can give me some advice.  

I live in a overcrowded 2bedroom flat with my husband, my 4year old son , my mother in law and my sister in law (sofa surfing). 

Bedroom 1 decent size : mother in law
Bedroom 2 smaller boxed room : Me, my husband and my 4year old son 
Living room : sister in law safa surfing (on and off)

Two weeks ago I gave birth to my second son which is born premuture due to my high blood pressure and preclumsia.  My son is still in the care of Neonatal as his having feeding difficulties and recently found a little hole in his heart. 

Am suffering postnatal depression and anxiety which I still haven't seeked medical help for. I am constantly worry about our overcrowded living conditions and how will I now manage in a boxed room with a premuture baby, a very active child and 2 adults.  We dont evan have a decent space close to my bed to place the moses basket. 

We are on the bidding list with tower hamlets but could be a very long time for them to offer us a decent council house . 

My question is : where do I stand in terms of making a special request to the council for them to consider our living condition with a premuture baby as a priority and who can I seek help from?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. I'm sorry to hear of these difficulties you're experiencing. I'd advise you to give shelter a ring and they will be able to advise you further. https://www.shelter.org.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @chaul Welcome t the community glad you have joined us

Congratulations in your new arrival 

Would it not be possible to swap rooms with your mother in law until you find a more suitable place, I am sure she would understand you need the space. I would also speak to your sister in law and explain due t the new circumstances you cant let her sofa surf at present

I know they wont be easy conversations but surely they can understand your situation after all you have been kind enough to put them up

You could ring youer local housing office to see if there is anything they can do, Or could you private rent

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.