Recently diagnosed with mayasthenia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recently diagnosed with mayasthenia

Options
hondon
hondon Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have recently been diagnosed with mayasthenia. I am 75 years old. I would like to hear about other peoples experiences. 

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @hondon just wanted to say welcome to the community ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @hondon

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

@steve51

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @hondon - & welcome to the community. We have one person that I am aware of who is waiting for testing for Myasthenia gravis (MG). I'm not sure if they're active  at the moment tho. If @Funboy1 is around he may get in touch.
    Meanwhile I wonder if you have looked at a MG support website. There is the following: https://www.myaware.org/
    Please look around the forum & join in with any discussions (there are links at the top of this page) as well as chat here any time. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @hondon Welcome to the community from me too, glad you have joined us and hope you find others who can relate

I look forward to seeing you around
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome @hondon! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great to have you with us @hondon
    Scope

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi hondon, I understand your concerns about being diagnosed with a rare condition. Hopefully you will garner more information here and from the doctors treating you. 
    Your post has brought back happy memories for me. In the late 1990s I worked briefly as a research assistant to Professor John Newsom Davis, who was a wonderful man and led research into Myasthenia Gravis in Oxford. I remember that some of the patients had their thymus glands removed but I don't know whether this procedure is still done. 
    I am assuming that you are now on medication?
    Wishing you all the best in managing your condition. 
  • Leebrom
    Leebrom Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    In my oponion I would say total rest get as much as possible in the early stages let the meds do the work for you m8

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.