PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Reconsideration update!

Bella03Bella03 Member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi all

just to say i sent in a reconsideration for my son who has aspergers, i wrote a letter myself and after 7 months just had a letter to say he will be getting PIP. He has gone from having no points to getting middle living and low mobility!! And all the back pay was in my bank this morning!! So if you have put in for a recon, the decision can be change!!!! I thought i would have to go to appeal but no! Thank god! So keep the faith! 😀  

Replies

• katho31katho31 Member Posts: 699 Pioneering
    Oh amazing so very pleased!!!  :):) god bless and its solo encouraging to others, well done  :)
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 709 Pioneering
    Aww so happy for you Bella that’s a great result, I also got my standard mobility changed to Enhanced at MR so it does happen, it was earlier sd the chances at MR stage were only 16% chance of change, but have since found out it’s over 50% so people have a much better chance, so again well done!!!!
  • laurapeachlaurapeach Member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Ahh that's fantastic well done! I sent my MR in a few weeks ago but I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm still readying myself for a tribunal just in case my award doesn't change. 
    Mum of one, I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
    [email protected] I hope your good today, i just want up wish you luck with your MR I got my mobility changed at MR but didn’t change my 6 points for DL so I’m taking it to appeal it’s a stress but has to be done, so good luck with yours take care😊
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 2,241 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bella03 Thats great news and thank for sharing it seems quite a few are getting a good result from MR for a change and its great to hear
  • laurapeachlaurapeach Member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Ahh thank you @Lou67, I was awarded standard care but I think I'm entitled to enhanced on both but we'll see what they say! How long did it take for your MR to come back? 
    Mum of one, I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
    Hi Laura mines took 11 weeks I thought that was long, but was told that’s the normal timescale, I hope you get a good result, fingers crossed for you, let’s no how it goes for you. 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 4,731 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 27
    Bella03 said:
    Hi all

just to say i sent in a reconsideration for my son who has aspergers, i wrote a letter myself and after 7 months just had a letter to say he will be getting PIP. He has gone from having no points to getting middle living and low mobility!! And all the back pay was in my bank this morning!! So if you have put in for a recon, the decision can be change!!!! I thought i would have to go to appeal but no! Thank god! So keep the faith! 😀  
    Are we talking DLA or PIP here? There is no middle rate of anything within PIP. It’s either standard or enhanced. 
  • Bella03Bella03 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Sorry, it was standard PIP.  
Sign in or join us to comment.