PIP evidence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP evidence

CMSandford
CMSandford Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have centralised sensitisation syndrome, psoriasis, severe anxiety which includes panic attacks and depression that include a history of self harm and suicidal tendencies. I got my decision back and they have awarded me no points for anything and said I don’t have significantly lower mood or enhanced anxiety. I tried to do an MR but was denied (although they forgot to send a letter out and then sent the wrong one! I’m still waiting for my MR notice) 
My question for anyone who has the same or similar conditions is what medical evidence can I include with my appeal?
Any help is greatly appreciated 

Comments

• CMSandford
    edited July 2020
    Hello everyone! My pip mandatory reconsideration was put in 30/4/2020 and after 10 weeks my representative at CAB called only to find out they had made the decision, which was another no award, but had forgotten to send a letter out. When a letter finally arrived it was a yearly update instead of a mandatory reconsideration notice. Now I don’t know what to do to get the right letter or if it will be dated with their decision date... in which case it is now probably passed the 1 month appeal!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. Everyone is affected differently by these conditions and you can't really compare 2 people.

Evidence should state exactly how your conditions affect you daily. Giving a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you will also help a lot. A written diary may also help, as will a letter from someone that knows you well.

Medical evidence doesn't always help, especially if it doesn't state exactly how your conditions affect you and it rarely does.
    Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I answered part of your question here on your other thread but i see you now have some extra questions. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/72945/pip-evidence#latest

Yes, there's a 1 month deadline for requesting the Tribunal BUT with good reason you do have 13 months, so you're well within the time. When you do request the Tribunal you'll just need to state the reasons why you didn't request it within the first month.

If you haven't received the MR decision letter than you'll need to ring DWP to ask them to send another letter to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CMSandford

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

It’s great to see that you have already meet Poppy who will be able to offer you some great info/advice on your pip.

@steve51
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    well this freaks me out every time I hear some thing like this as my illnesses are mental health . Did you send any medical edvidence off in your original  form youi filled out ?  
  • cupcake88
    Great advice above At my assessment she did ask if I had been in hospital ect and I explained that my illness got so over whelming that I didnt want to live because my illness took over my life and she kept asking what the reason was for me not wanting to live and I responded Im scared of my shadow every day I dont have a day go by where Im not scared.

Poppy you might be able to answer this question for me do you know why people get  0 points for every thing whats the reason I thought they would look at each question as a whole and make a decision on will thing just make them leas to a decision ? 
  • CMSandford
    Cupcake88 I sent in a supporting letter from the mental health team but that was with my MR, other than that I didn’t really know what to send in as at the time I didn’t have CAB and didn’t have anyone to ask to find out what constituted as medical evidence... I’m going to try keep a diary to send in, thanks Poppy123456!
  • cupcake88
    But nothing at the start your first ? Application . Are you on any medications ? Did you send a medication list ? 

With my application I sent like 10 care plans over . My meds list , a note from my psychiatrist, a letter from the crisis team I’m under and my partner also wrote a letter describing how he sees my illnesses has affected me . That’s all I sent off with my application , 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.