Is it to late for pip manditary reconsidaration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it to late for pip manditary reconsidaration

Options
Georgia63
Georgia63 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hello i was on DLA indefinatly payment care and mobility. Then i had to move over to pip they gave me only care part so lost the mobility. The assessment letter they wrote was not right and  i was not happy with what she said and missed bits out and lied. This was in december I just gave up after that didnt even think about mandatory reconsidaration as i heard they stop the money your getting for pip care until a decision is made.I suffer with depression and had no care to fill in anymore forms after that as it just give me anxiety.Since then i have been in self isolation since 12th march so havent seen my friend/carer since then.My illness has got worse so has my mobility having trouble with my legs. Is it to late for me to do a mandatory reconsideration. If not is there anywhere i can go to get help with doing that.Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,220 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

No, it's not too late to request the MR, with good reason you have 13 months. Although you do have to state the reasons why you didn't request it in the first month.

As you already have a PIP award then you won't lose those payments while you wait for the MR decision to be made, i'm not sure where you read that.

For the MR request you should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Whist it is very annoying to read the lies that you think may have been told in the report, pointing them out will not get you an award because they won't be interested in any of those. Concentrating on this alone if it did get to Tribunal stage will only weaken your case.

Good luck, what ever you decide to do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.