Has anybody filled in a complaint form for pip bad assessment with atos — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anybody filled in a complaint form for pip bad assessment with atos

mk2000
mk2000 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
edited July 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had such a awful experience with my pip assesment the guy was so rude I was on the phone over a hour he rang me a hour later no wonder when he questioned and questioned me he made me feel anxious and I got so upset he was really nasty and didn't seem to understand mental health atall I rang up and got a complaints form after I read my report and it was all lies im just wondering what will happen next has anyone ever done this? Will they just fob me off after I've sent it back 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome, we hear of a lot of complaints about assessors. I havent complained or had reason to myself but I get the impression if they do get a complaint nothing comes of it.
    But this shouldnt put you off doing so especially if they were rude. Maybe if more people complained more would be done but think everyone is that stressed about the process they dont have the energy to complain
  • mk2000
    Thanks yes its really stressful I've been so upset he was so rude and judged me as a mother never mind my mental health aswell I was unlucky to get him i really feel for all the people who go through this its not acceptable specially with all the mentwl health awareness now and for them to not even check medical records and go off what a random guy says on the phone who answers the 1uestions for you I don't know how they get away with it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear this happened. Of course you can complain but it's unlikely they will do anything about it. It will be your word against their's unfortunately.

Just so that you're aware they don't check medical records. The onus is on the claimant to prove they qualify for PIP, it's not their responsibility to do this.

If you've been refused my advice would be to concentrate on the MR request first and then make the complaint.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Im sorry this happened to you . 
    My thoughts are with you I hope you do get a good outcome . We all know how stressful it is xx
  • mk2000
    He wouldn't let me tell him how my disablity affects me he was to busy asking how I look after my kids and that if I was fine to do that then their was nothing wrong with me he has lied on everything on my report I can't belive it thanks he was wrote if I can change the babys nappies I am mentally stable xx
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Mines asked a lot bout my dog and how I walk him and the answer is I don’t my partner does . They do ask these sorts of questions unfortunately but it sounds like yours was very rude . I’m sure your an amazing mum So try not to let it bother you to much but I know it’s hard . I thought some of the questions I was asked was stupid but had reasoning behind it . 

She asked if I feed my dog and I was like yeh of course my dog is my world my ocd is all around making sure doors and windows are locked and every thing is nice and straight in my house keeps my Dog safe . She also asked if I groom my dog I said no he goes to a groomer my partner takes him . She even went as far to ask me when the last time he went to the vet . 

I’m sorry for what you went threw you seem like a really nice lady . And I’m sorry you was spoken to like that he clearly didn’t word his words right at all xx 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    I toally understand you are really upset but it really is all part of the assessment process. If they didn't ask those questions then they wouldn't be able to get a picture of how your conditions affect you. When they are asking you those. Although you say you didn't get chance to tell them how your conditions affect you, in a way you did by answering those questions.

Try and concentrate on the MR letter, if you were refused, sorry i can't remember if you were refused. Then make the complaint, although don't expect too much from that complaint.

When writing the MR letter you need to state where and why you think you should have scored those points. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should avoid mentioning any lies/contradiction that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those. They will only want to know why you think you should have scored points.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mk2000
    OK thanks for your help x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.