Local lockdown — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Local lockdown

Niox
Niox Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2020 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hi, hope you're all well. I have an issue. I'm worried sick there's going to be another lock down, or a local lock down soon, I have aspergers syndrome and severe mental health issues. I live with my partner and during the last full lock down he was struggling to cope with me and my depression, suicidal thoughts and voices. He did his best to help me, but he is a key worker so found it all very overwhelming. My partner has asked my mother who's classed as my carer and my father if it's possible if I could stay with them if there was another lock down, this is because I was stuck last time in a 1 bedroom flat with no garden. My parents live in a 3 bedroom house with a garden and my partner thought having a garden would help me. My father is against the idea of me staying with them, as he said he's also a key worker. So I suggested maybe he could stay with my partner, this way neither me or my mum would be at risk. My father yet again doesn't agree to this. My question is, are there any rules against me isolating in a family members house during a lock down?
Many thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• Wini1960
    Wini1960 Community member Posts: 130 Pioneering
    Niox Hi my mother in law,lives in a 3 bedroom and my husband, her son goes to see her surely family members it shouldn't be a problem. I would get in touch with NHS 111 for some advice. All the best.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    New partial lockdown affecting 4.5 million people is now in force, doesn't mean we are going back to a full lockdown anytime soon, so i'd worry about that if and when it happens.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Niox and a warm welcome to the community. :)

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us, it sounds like it's been a stressful few months.

I'm concerned by your mention of suicide and want to make sure you are safe.

You can contact SHOUT which is mental health support over text. If you text SHOUT to 85258 a crisis volunteer will be in touch. Also, you can call Samaritians on 116 123 to be in touch with a crisis volunteer over the phone. 

MIND also have guidance on how to manage suicidal thoughts. 

If you haven't already, please do speak to your GP about these thoughts. 

In terms of another lockdown, if you wanted to isolate at your parents home then there is no law against that. It would mean you would have to stay in that house during the whole lockdown and wouldn't be able to go in between houses.

Please do let us know how you get on. If you are in immediate danger then please call 999 or go to your nearest A&E department. 
    Scope

• Niox
    Niox Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thankyou ☺ x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome Try and not worry about another lockdown though it is good to plan

As long as you stay within the same household for the duration tt shouldnt be a problem, however you only need to isolate/shield if you are in the at risk group and you would be informed of this by letter
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Niox, I just wanted to check in to see how you are doing today? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.