PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

PIP ASSESSMENT

ChloeHibbertChloeHibbert Member Posts: 44 Listener
Hi everyone, hope your all safe and sound. does anyone no when F2F assessments will take place in person? as covid is calming down ( I think ). Or is it just phone assessments for now / paper based , a friend of the family wants to no thank you x

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 19,417 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's been no change to the assessment process since the last time you asked this question. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/72875/help-for-a-neighbour#latest

They will continue with the phone assessments for the forseable. The amount of awards being given through the phone assessments have increased, which is a very good thing.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 289 Pioneering
    I was wondering the same how Long over the phone appoints for most things how long will they carry on for I think for a long time yet seen as some parts of the country are going going in and out of lock down . 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 4,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Telephone appeal hearings will carry on for the remainder of 2020 in most parts of the UK. Video appeals may come online in late 2020 or early 2021. Face to face hearings will only take place in exceptional circumstances where there is no alternative. This will not include specific medical conditions. The decision will be made based on all relevant circumstances.

Telephone assessments are harder to predict. They have been very well received but it’s not clear yet what the plans of the various assessment provider are in terms of providing screened; socially distanced offices. Much more of an issue for ESA which is a medical assessment which may require physical intervention whereas PIP is a functional assessment where such testing should be minimal.
Sign in or join us to comment.