Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Hi, my name is John14141!

John14141John14141 Member Posts: 5 Listener
I received a letter about my pip to say it's been extended to 25th March 2021 because of covid 19 a few days later I got a 25 page form to fill in. Im a little confused because on the form it states that I do not need to fill in form and we would be in touch later do I or don't I need to fill in forms iiiii John

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 19,154 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Yes confusing indeed. We could only guess what you should do so i would advise you to ring them Monday morning. Do be aware though that phone lines are extremely busy at the moment so it could take a while for them to answer.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • John14141John14141 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you for you quick reply. 
    I will give them a call Monday Thank you
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 19,154 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • steve51steve51 Community champion Posts: 6,961 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @John14141

It’s great to see you have meet Poppy & I do hope that you are okay now????

Please let me know if you encounter any further problems????

@steve51
    OK Thank you 
  • fedupfemalefedupfemale Member Posts: 25 Connected
    I got a letter in June saying the same it was extended till March 2021 then yesterday I got the form saying it’s time to review your award. Very confused and more added stress!. 
    I got a letter in June saying the same it was extended till March 2021 then yesterday I got the form saying it’s time to review your award. Very confused and more added stress!. 

HI,

I would also advise you to ring DWP to ask whether you need to fill out the form and return it. Even though your award has been extended, reviews for PIP have now restarted again. Face to face assessments are still suspended. It's will either be a telephone assessment or paper based.
    Thank you  for replying @poppy123456 mine doesn’t say it on the form like @John14141 said his does,mine is only on the letter I received in June. 
    Thank you  for replying @poppy123456 mine doesn’t say it on the form like @John14141 said his does,mine is only on the letter I received in June. 

Ah ok then you will need to fill out the form with as much information as possible and make sure it's returned. If you need extra time to return it then ring DWP for an extention.
    Ok thanks for your help @poppy123456
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 9,361 Scope community team
    Welcome to the community @John14141. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.