I have depression and anxiety, and struggle to work with other people. Does anyone have any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have depression and anxiety, and struggle to work with other people. Does anyone have any advice?

Leondre22
Leondre22 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have depression and anxiety,i struggle with working with people I only can work on my own because of my anxiety am really bad with meeting new people or being in groups I fresh up and try hiding my self I have tryed working but it didn't work out because of my anxiety 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Leondre22 :) 

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing with depression and anxiety. The charity Mind have a lot of helpful resources in this area if you need support

You will also find plenty of helpful information and support on our online community, this is a super helpful and supportive place.

Ross
    Online Community Coordinator 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Leondre22

Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I’m one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please don’t worry as we are like a extended family & we look after new members as well as ourselves.

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Leondre22 - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me too. I'm sorry to read about your struggle with anxiety & depression. We have quite a lot of other members that suffer the same, so you will find a lot of understanding here. Please do have a look around the forum; there are links to our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' & 'Recent discussions' right at the top of this page. I hope you enjoy being part of this community & look forward to seeing you around, or chatting here. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Leondre22! Great to have you with us and thank you for sharing this with us. How are you doing this afternoon? :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @Leondre22 Glad you have joined us here, you will find lots of other members who can relate to your condition.

I think a lot if us find it easier to talk on line rather than face to face which is why this is a great place to be part of

I look forward to seeing you around

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.