Going back to day centre — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Going back to day centre

SteveE
SteveE Community member Posts: 88 Pioneering
We're just beginning to look at a possible return to the day centre for our son. There are lots of questions we have about whether or not it is actually safe. After all, we three have been at home since mid-March and not mixing with others. Is there a check list or similar that we could use to help our discussions with the day centre?
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community glad to see you here

It must be very daunting sending your son back to day centre

I think there is some guidance on the gov website as they publish the requirements businesses have to follow in order to re-open and be covid compliant

Hope you manage to find some help I am sure other members will be able to assist as well
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Hi @SteveE

I can understand your apprehension around your son returning to the day centre.  Adjusting to the 'new normal' takes different speeds for each person and it's important you do it in a way that will help you keep/feel safe.  

Although I have no direct knowledge of day centre working procedures, all will have had to carry out risk assessments in line with government guidance so you could ask to see a copy.  Aside from that, I'd think about what your key worries are and make sure to ask the manager how they will be managed.

I hope your son has a safe and enjoyable return to the day centre.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Betty200
    Betty200 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Hi @SteveE I’m a manger of a nursery and we have put lots of things in to place from the activities we use, hand washing, dropping off/picking up etc.. if you would like some information/advice I’d be happy to help in any way I can.. obviously they may do it differently where your son attends x
  • SteveE
    SteveE Community member Posts: 88 Pioneering
    We have been in touch and most of our queries have been answered. Thanks for the responses here. We are planning for a return next month unless situations change and we will regularly review. Thanks again.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.