Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

gp social worker said they called me, but never did

meymay93meymay93 Member - under moderation Posts: 150 Courageous
edited August 16 in Disabled people
I just see e mail from my gp social worker said they tried call me but I am not answer how because I am wait from them call but they never call me I am never answer my house number if they call there because I get couple the abuse  I don't now what can I do if call again because they said discharge me what I am gone do now why they lie they never call me Monday to friday I wait call from social woriker but they never did i am.upset now if some one can help me this 
Thank you so much 

Replies

• chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 4,709 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @meymay93 - I am sorry this has happened.
    Can you reply to the email saying you have been waiting for a social worker to call all last week. Tell them your mobile phone number in case they have not got this, and ask for a social worker to ring you using that number as soon as they can.
    You could also try ringing your GP as you have said how helpful she is, and tell her what has happened.
    Is your friend coming to see you today?
    Please try not to worry. Remember you can talk here any time. There will nearly always be someone here for you.
    You can call the Scope helpline on Monday if this does not get sorted. Telephone 0808 800 3333
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,555 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. They may have rang your house phone and not your mobile, which is why they are saying they rang you. You need speak to your GP and tell him what has happened. It's an easy mistake to make.

I always ask people to ring my mobile but there a few that still continue to ring my house phone.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 4,577 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi try and not stress about it reply to the email saying you didnt get a call, they may have rung the wrong number

Put your correct number in the email and as suggested contact your GP to explain
    Hi @meymay93 - I am pleased your friend is with you. How lovely she has a puppy as well.
    Tom sounds very good. He will help you get a social worker sorted. :)
  • meymay93meymay93 Member - under moderation Posts: 150 Courageous
    Hi 
    I call this morning scope Tom may write e mail to my social.worker scope help me lot I.am not alone thank you so much 
    Enjoy your weekend with your friend. I am pleased Scope is helping you. We all want you to have the help you need. :)
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Administrator Posts: 796 Pioneering
    @meymay93

I'm very happy to hear that Scope is helping you, hopefully you get the support you deserve :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    Hi 
    Thank you all support from scope  Tom help me lot to get social worker I hope they call me right number now 
    Hi @meymay93 - That is good to hear that Tom is helping you with your social worker. I am sure they will know the right number now. :)
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Administrator Posts: 796 Pioneering
    edited August 18
    Glad you're getting help @meymay93 and that they now have the right number :) 

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    Hi 
    Thank you all support I am not alone now 
    Hi Just wanted to check to see if the social worker has called yet
    Hi 
    😪😪not yet they not call me  yet still wait 😓😓😓
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 7,550 Scope community team
    I'm sorry they've still not called @meymay93. Is your friend still staying with you?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
    Hi @meymay93 - perhaps they will ring tomorrow. Please let us know when they do.
    Hi 
    They not call me yet my friend still whit me she cook dinner for me and give me shower stay another week I hope till my dougther came from holiday 
    Hi 
    I hope they call me but my friend stay another 2 week till my dougther came back holiday thank you so much 
    Hi @meymay93 - It is good your friend is staying with you until your daughter is back from her holiday. I do hope you hear from a social worker soon. Thank you for letting us know about your friend's help. I hope you are feeling a little better.
    Hi 
    Thank you so much we sat together she support me lot she is gone do some shopping she drive she said we go together  
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Administrator Posts: 1,422 Pioneering
    Hi @meymay93
    It's lovely to see you on the board this sunny Thursday.  Let us know if you get anything nice out shopping :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Glad you friend is with you and taking you out shopping you cant beat a bit of retail therapy
    Hi @meymay93 - I hope you have a good afternoon out with your friend. :)
    How have you been today @meymay93 ? :)
    Hi 
    Thank you so much friend stay whit me and her little puppy sat chat watch tv she give lot support thank you so much but hand numb my back badly pain 
    Hi 
    Yea my friend stay whit me but I told my friend back pain badly we do something indoor and her little puppy 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Administrator Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    I'm sorry to hear that your back pain is still bad @meymay93 :( But spending time with your friend and her puppy sounds like a great day in! I'm really glad she's there to support you. 

Are you getting any help for your back pain at the moment? 

And have you heard back from your social worker yet?

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 10,598 Scope community team
    Hi @meymay93! I hope your back is okay today. Back pain can be so frustrating! 
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    Hi 
    Yesturday 0t visit me they put thing my house I am happy now 
    Hi @meymay93 - I am pleased to read that the OT visited yesterday to help you. It is good that you feel happy. I hope your pain & numbness improve too. :)
    Hi 
    My pain numb stil worse i got anothet health condition gp write new meds i hope i dont have cancer if med not working they gone send me to hospital thank you all support just pray meds working
    Hi @meymay93 - I am sorry you still have numbness and pain. I hope your new meds help and you feel better soon. :)
    Hello @meymay93
    It sounds like you have a great GP who is looking after you well medication-wise.  I hope the pain eases up.  What do you have planned for today?  Anything nice? 

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 10,598 Scope community team
    Hi @meymay93, how are you this afternoon? :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    Hi @meymay93 - How have you been today? Is your friend still with you? :)
    Hi 
    Yea my friend and her little dog stay whit me till my dougther back from holiday my dougther said 14 days she need stay home because of corana my fried buy me story book and some game we play together now she did nit live me on my own  thank you so much my eyes very bad i not see good very diffuculty all you team support thank you so much 
    Hi @meymay93 - I am sure you will be enjoying the company of your friend and her little dog. I am sorry your eyesight is not good, but thank you for letting us all know how you are. :)
    Hi @meymay93 - How have you been the past week? Is your friend still with you? I do hope you are feeling a little better. :)
    Hi @meymay93 - I am sorry you still would have difficulty making a cup of tea because of spills. You can buy a kettle tipper so you can pour safely and not hurt yourself. There are some here: https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/kitchen-aids/kettle-tippers/
    Did Tom manage to get a social worker to ring, or visit you?
    It would be good to make sure you have the help you need after your friend's visit.
    Have your mental health team rung you? If not, perhaps get back in touch with your GP as she seems very understanding.
    Remember you have us all here to talk to any time too. :)

Hi 
    Not yet mental health team not call me yet when I call I am live message they not get me back monday pip gone call me for assessment but I am wory any one came support me if I call Ot are they can support me because my dougther back holiday 14 day carantine i am anxiety  panic because my friend cant speak English 😓😓
    Hi @meymay93 - I am sorry the mental health team are not helping you yet.
    With your PIP assessment, you could ask for another date, saying you need your daughter to be there to support you and she is still quarantining after her holiday. Try that, and then you will not be so worried if your daughter is with you. :)
    Hello @meymay93 It's lovely to see you about the community.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to get in touch with the mental health team.  Did you leave a message for them to call you? 

Also, @chiarieds advice about re-arranging the PIP assessment so your daughter can be with you is good.  Would you be comfortable doing that?  :)

Hi 
    Not yet they not contact me yet pip assessment I am on my own because she told me she had meeting that day   I don't know who can help me I am already panic 
    Hi
     I will on my own I don't want to call them because my dougther last min bring another meeting I am panic badly but I am gone told them I am panic attact 
    Hi @meymay93 - I am sorry your daughter will not be with you when you have your PIP assessment because she has a meeting. Will your friend be with you for support anyway? Even if she cannot say anything, it might be good to have someone with you.
    Try not to worry, they just ask questions about what you wrote in your PIP claim form. Take your time answering, and ask them to repeat any questions if you need to. If you struggle, they will understand it is because of your problems. If you need a break for a few minutes, let them know.
    We will be thinking about you, and the assessment will be all over and done with soon. You can do this. It will be OK. :)
    Hi 
    My friend gone whit me she not speak English I just need support mentally my heart already bumping badly my head sweating I am worrying my social gone put hospital bed and wet room I hope I can manage my PC I am always worrying pray for me please my social worker gone give me support worker thank you so much for support 
    I'm glad your friend can be with you for support @meymay93 :) 

Try and take some deep breaths. The assessment will be okay. We've all got our fingers crossed that you'll get the support you need. 

Has your social worker been in touch about getting a support worker?

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    Hi 
    No body whit me during assesment I was on my own bad I cant stop cry still I am crying 
    edited September 14
    @meymay93 we are here with you now.  Have you made yourself a sweet drink and had something to eat? 

Remember, the worst part is over and you have done amazingly well.  It's time to relax  :)

Hi @meymay93 - I am pleased to hear from you, as I have been having troubling getting on to Scope this afternoon.
    As Cher says, do try and relax now, as the assessment is over. You have got through it, so well done.
    Try not to think about it now, and distract yourself with some music or TV. :)
    Hi @meymay93

I've sent you a little email to read  :)

Hi @meymay93 - I hope you are feeling a little better now, and have read Cher's email. I have been through a PIP assessment too, and it is not nice to realise the problems you have. But you have got through it, and the assessor will realise the problems you have, so do not worry. :)
    Hi 
    This morning my care call gp you now I try to text shout but said wrong number I cant do it I am not sleep at I am I am tried 
    edited September 15
    Have the care team said that the GP will get back to you at all @meymay93?

Hmm, what was the number you tried to text? The SHOUT number is 85258.

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to sleep. Why do you think that might be? 

Hi 
    Yea still wait gp to call me I text shout 85258 i have already sleeping problem but yesturday i have assestment and i was on my own bad feeling make upset 
    I'm not sure why it didn't work then @meymay93 :( Maybe they were having some problems on their end. Do you have the Samaritans number if you need it? 

Hopefully your GP will call you soon! Please do keep us updated. Did the care team say how long that might take?

It's understandable that you were upset after the assessment, especially as you were on your own. Is your friend able to come and visit you today? That might make you feel a bit better. 

I hope that you get a better night's sleep tonight now that the assessment is over. 

Hi 
    Yea my care came today support me some she put something to ate but I cant eat I am vomiting  badly I am bad bad 😓😓😓😓😩
    Have you been able to eat anything now @meymay93? I'd start with small amounts of easy-to-eat food that you usually really like. 

Hi 
    Thank you so much all yesturday gp call me  because I was very bad morning I cant eat anything my stomach not good at all I cant eat anything just tea coffee if eat something filling sick 
    I'm sorry to hear that. Did the GP give you any useful tips @meymay93

Hi @meymay93 - I am sorry you are still feeling sick. Could you try some soup? :)
    Hi 
    My friend make some soup last night not ate much i am very bad  i hope soon i will ok thank you so much 
    Hi 
    She just drink lot water we wacth next week call back not much help i get i would like this panic and anxtiy i am sweeting cold cold 
    Definitely keep drinking lots of water @meymay93, and have a little bit more of that soup.

Try and remember that the anxiety will eventually pass :) Is there anything you can do today to take your mind off of things. Perhaps watch some TV, or listen to some music? 

Hi @meymay93 - How are you today? :)
    Hi 
    Not to good I cant sleep my friend stay whit me to look after me  i don't think i will ok till get answer
    Hi @meymay93 - I am sorry you are still not too good. Are you going to talk to your GP again next week if you do not feel better? It is good your friend is staying to look after you. I hope you start feeling a little better over the weekend. :)
    Hi @meymay93 - I was sorry to read you had a bad fall. Thank you for writing and letting us all know how you have been. Take good care of yourself. :)
Sign in or join us to comment.