PIP Assessment Report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment Report

Luchia
Luchia Community member Posts: 255 Pioneering
Hi everyone

So I got my assessment report this morning and have gone through it to work out the points.
I scored 8 in Care and 10 in Mobility.

could anyone let me know if this would be enough to qualify for PIP?
I know it isn’t 100% as this is only the assessor report and it has to go to a decision maker so the points above could mean nothing :( 

Do the decision makers usually go on the Assessors report?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

That suggests Standard rate for both parts. You will of course need to wait for the decision to be made but usually they go with the report, it has been known for them to go against it but it's rare.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Luchia
    Now to hope the decision maker goes with the report 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck, and let us know how you get on @Luchia!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Luchia
    Just hoping I don’t get the rare instance of the DM not going with the report 
  • Tori_Scope
    I hope so too @Luchia. I know it's easier said that done, but try not to worry about it for the time being. I imagine that there's not really anything you can do right now, so you'll just have to wait and see what happens. We'll be here to offer advice and support whatever the outcome :) 

• Luchia
    Do the DM often go against the Assessor report?
  • Tori_Scope
    I wouldn't want to say, because I don't know for sure @Luchia, but from what I've read it does seem quite rare. That being said, no one can promise anything to you at this stage sadly. Try and put it out of your mind for the time being if you can.

Have you been up to anything nice to take your mind off of it today? 

• poppy123456
    Luchia said:
    Do the DM often go against the Assessor report?

As has already been advised, it can and does happen but it's rare. I know the waiting causes a lot of anxiety but there's nothing more you can do until the decision's been made. Once it has, if you're not happy then you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR.

Please try to relax and think about something else.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Luchia
    Thank you everyone, 
    Shall try and relax, it definitely helped having the report as the person I spoke to was quite accurate and honest on the report, a few things were missed out but overall I am quite happy with it.
    If they do decide to go on the assessors report I wouldn’t start an MR as it wouldn’t be worth the risk of the entire thing been cancelled.
    the money would certainly help but for me it’s more about the recognition of my condition, Most people think Spinal Stenosis is just “back ache” 
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm glad the person you spoke to was useful @Luchia :) It's totally understandable that you want your condition to be recognised and validated. Let us know what the outcome is when you find out!

• poppy123456
    It's also worth remembering that if you are successfully awarded then it's not because of your diagnosis, it's because of how that conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Luchia, how are you feeling today? :)
    Scope

• Luchia
    Hi @Luchia, how are you feeling today? :)
    Hey Chloe 

not too bad thank you for asking, how about you?
    still quite anxious about getting DM letter, I did go over my report again to make sure I had added score up correctly.
    feeling more relaxed today though 
  • Kittyc
    Kittyc Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Fabulous and mine went with the assessor report so well done xx

• Luchia
    Kittyc said:

That’s awesome.
    Citizens Advice told me it’s around 98% they go with report 
  • Kittyc
    Kittyc Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Luchia said:
    Kittyc said:

That’s awesome.
    Citizens Advice told me it’s around 98% they go with report 
    I was like you - thought oh blimey and got a payment in the next day after I received the report and before the letter.  xx 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really hope you don't have to wait much longer @Luchia! :)

Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.