ESA AND STATE PENSION — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA AND STATE PENSION

scape1960
scape1960 Community member Posts: 75 Connected
Hi, although I rarely post on here, I do visit quite a lot because of the valuable advice and info you can find out. It's great to see you back poppy123456, I have missed your knowledge! My question is, I retire on 29th Oct but don't receive a part payment (approx £240) until 7th Nov and then my first normal 4 weekly payment on 5th Dec. Will I just be paid my ESA up until my state pension retirement date or the date I actually start receiving money. TIA

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and thank you for those kind words :)

Your ESA will end when you reach state pension age this is because ESA is a working age benefit. Whether you'll be entitled to pension credit as well as your state pension will depend on your circumstances.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    To add to my advice, state pension is paid in arrears, like ESA is so you shouldn't any weeks without money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • scape1960
    Thanks Poppy, that was what I was wondering _ as my state pension starts officially 29th of October, I was thinking my last payment would be on 28th Oct (that would be my usual payment day) but if it's backdated will I get some more later? T
  • poppy123456
    You should receive a letter from DWP explaining everything, which will have details of your final payment date.
  • scape1960
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @scotleag :D It might be better to start a new thread dedicated to your query.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.