Wearing a face mask — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wearing a face mask

louise1985
louise1985 Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
A little bit of a rant tbh I’ve been exempt rom wearing a mask due to current health conditions normally when I go places I sometimes get asked have u got your mask etc which doesn’t annoy me in the slightest as with everything going on and government guidelines and normally when I reply I exempt nothing else gets said 
well yesterday I visited my local McDonald’s to be greeted by a staff member who was quite upherslf to tell me straight away I had come through the wrong entrance to which I apologised...then the next words out her mouth was do you have a face mask!!!
my response was no I’m exempt...
the lovely reply I got was can u prove your exempt...
To which I lifted the side of my shirt up showed her I have Nephrostomy drain as I have only one kidney and struggle with breathing difficulties and all I got was well that’s good enough for me 

I left feeling quite sad ☹️ that I should have to prove my illness to someone I have seen for all of 2 seconds 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.