PIP.... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP....

Cress
Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
DWP recieved my pip2 form on the 29 July and although I promised myself I wouldnt I rang on Wednesday to see if there was any sign of an appointment for assessment. 
I was put through to the assessment centre, but they said no appointments available at the mo.
Should I keep ringing every week or so? On the off chance there's a cancellation?
Or just be patient and sit tight? (That seems impossible!)
I want it over and I know it hasn't been that long in the scheme of things....feels like forever...lol
Hate to think what I'm going to be like waiting for the report!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You should sit and wait, rather than keep ringing because that's not going to help your anxiety levels. There's nothing more you can do until you hear something. A successful claim can potentially take several months, sometimes longer.

Most people are having telephone assessments at the moment, which have replaced the face to face ones. I totally understand how stressful it is but there's nothing more you can do for now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cress
    You're right @poppy123456
    I'm being ridiculous...And the disappointment after I made the call would only get worse by repeating it.
    Thank you for your understanding  and common sense.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. You're not being ridiculous at all, you're just very anxious, which is perfectly normal and exactly how everyone feels when applying for a disability benefit.

I know it's very difficult but try and think of something else.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cress
    I sorted out my communication problems by turning the ringer and answer machine off my landline and having a video doorbell...
    My mobiles kept on silent unless I'm expecting a call I want to take...made life slightly less stressful..lol
    I'm just hoping it happens before face to face starts up again...but whichever way the sooner the better...I found out that the assessment center is in an area I know well, so that made me feel a bit better about going if I have to.
    Thank you for the advice and reassurance both of you....so glad I found this forum, its helped more then I thought ....
  • Comicmadtitan
    Comicmadtitan Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    I was exactly the same as you @Cress and in the end it's exactly like the others said, it's just a matter of waiting unfortunately. Hopefully you hear something soon! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cress It is an anxious time waiting for that letter to hit the post box or get a text for the appointment but as said calling wont make it happen any quicker

Try as best you can to put it to the back of your mind (easier said than done)

Is your first claim or a renewal ?

Fingers crossed for you and keep us updated
  • Cress
    Thanks both of you  :)
    First time claim for me...my sons claim was when he switched from DLA and although I'd dreaded it, it went very well and the people I spoke to were very kind and understanding...
    I feel calmer now I've voiced my fears...
    My anxiety was getting the better of me and the call didnt help anything...
    I dont want to be sitting here for months thinking are we nearly there yet? What about now? Are we there yet...so going to try and take the very good advice of putting it out of my head till I hear something.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Keep yourself busy and occupied 

Dont read all the horror stories lots of people get it first time with no issues including myself 

Most of people who come on forums come on as they have had bad time . Those that are successful have no reason to question 

Also success rates are a lot higher at present 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.