PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Successful pip award

Sunnyside60 Sunnyside60 Member Posts: 22 Connected
edited September 17 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi everyone. I received my brown envelope with the assessment report. I’ve added up the scores and it looks like I’ll be awarded the basic daily living and enhanced mobility. It’s spot on and what I feel I deserve. Now I’m waiting for the actual award letter to confirm. I know the DWP can change it but I’m sure they won’t as the assessors reasoning is excellent.
I’m really pleased as I filled out the form myself after researching how to do it properly on this forum. I was not going to try to claim as I have read so many unsuccessful stories on many different forums. I decided to try anyway with the attitude of “great if I get it and Oh well, if I don’t.” I think that attitude kept the stress to a reasonable level. 
So good luck to everyone who is waiting for anything pip related! 
Tagged:

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's good to hear the report was truthful. There's so many bad stories out there and hearing a possitive one is always great. Don't celebrate just yet though because the report is just a recommendation. It has been known for them to go against it but it's rare for this to happen.

There's no timescales for any decision and all you can do now is wait. Hopefully not too long.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • ernie2009ernie2009 Member Posts: 39 Connected
    fantastic news sunnyside60 and well done you. nice to hear good news.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 3,106 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news in the report and thanks for sharing 

Fingers crossed they go with the report and glad you used the forum to help you with the application 
  • cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 351 Pioneering
    Thats really amazing news well done . I hope you get what your entitled too 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Administrator Posts: 887 Pioneering
    Excellent news @Sunnyside60 I'm glad the forum could help you get a fair PIP outcome  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
Sign in or join us to comment.