Fantasy League - 2020/2021 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fantasy League - 2020/2021

Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hello all,

We might be a little late to the party, but after having seen some suggestions here about a fantasy league, the online community will be hosting its own Premier League Fantasy League alongside the football prediction competition.

Our league starts in game week 2 of the Premier League fixture list, so you have a couple of days to confirm your team and join.

At the end of the season, the top three places will each receive a special community badge.

Joining the league couldn't be easier. Simply use our league's auto-join link and you'll be added automatically after you've entered the game.

You're also welcome to use this thread to discuss anything to do with fantasy league, whether it's to discuss good picks, commiserate over that week's point total, or gloat over your place in the table.

Good luck! 
Community Manager
Scope
Tagged:

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Adrian_Scope
                                     Thank you so much for setting this up. I have just signed up so I look forward to it. This is my first season of doing Fantasy League so I'm pretty confident the relegation place is mine :) I'm in a league with family and friends, game week 1 wasn't too bad but I did learn the importance of captaining the right player :)  Best of luck to everyone! Thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm in!

Didn't have an awful start in my first week actually.

Like you @WestHam06, this is my first year of doing this, I feel like an amateur :D 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  We will have to support each other through the highs and lows of the season :) Though I don't know about you but I found myself getting really involved with following the games last week, I mean I'm into football but this was a whole new level :) Thank you
  • Ignatiusyork
    Ignatiusyork Community member Posts: 112 Courageous
    this is my fourth season i think, but is not about how long you have been playing FPL. we need to pick the right players at the right time and you will score more points.
  • WestHam06
    Thank you @Ignatiusyork for sharing this advice, greatly appreciated. It looks like there are going to be plenty of learning opportunities coming in the weeks ahead and I look forward to them. Thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Yep advice much appreciated :) I don't think I've had a terrible start? Then again, I'm not sure what an acceptable weekly score is in this game. 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    Well done to everyone this week, particularly @Ross_Scope, looks as though you had a great week :) I was a little sad about Lamptey for Brighton coming off in the 57th minute but I think I'd rather his was fit for the next match :) Thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    He's had a fantastic start to the season hasn't he @WestHam06? Looks like a great young player. 

I had a good weekend with my fantasy team. I had Son from Spurs and obviously he scored 4 times, so I'm very happy with him. 

• WestHam06
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  He has had an exceptional start to the season and I think he is a very talented individual. I have respect for him as well for choosing to move to Brighton in order to develop as a player rather than staying at Chelsea where he almost certainly would not have made the first team squad regularly. I hope he continues to develop and goes onto have a fantastic career (oh and the fact he is in my fantasy team :) ) You had a great weekend and I hope you have another one especially as Tottenham are playing Newcastle who I think look unsteady at the back. Best of luck at the weekend. Thank you
  • Ross_Alumni
    edited September 2020
    @WestHam06
    Absolutely, I admire those Chelsea youngsters who decide to leave and get game time, instead of being loaned out season after season.

Thank you, I hope your Fantasy side performs well this weekend too :) Have you made any changes?

• WestHam06
    Hi @Ross_Scope,   
                                 I did make a couple of changes this weekend, with my free transfer I brought in Conor Cody, who I think I'll stick with despite the performance (plus he lost to West Ham so I am very happy :) ) I also brought in Ings for Henderson as he injured. Please may I ask have you made any changes? I hope your team is doing well :) Thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Yeah if one of your players is going to perform poorly, it's a big consolation that it's against the team you support. 

I brought in Watkins from Aston Villa this week who didn't score but was still on the winning side.

• WestHam06
    Exactly, I can't complain but if the same happens next week I may have to consider differently :) Congratulations @Ross_Scope you had another brilliant game week :) Thank you
  • Ross_Alumni
    According to the app my week was about average @WestHam06, how did you get on overall? 

• WestHam06
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                   I had a good week I think, it's the best week I've had so far. I had Vardy so he got me some points and also Mane so I can't complain. Please may I ask, do you change your captain each week or have you just stuck with the same player as captain from the start? Thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    I just tend to stick with the same captain @WestHam06, to be honest I'm not overly sure what impact the captain and vice captain has on points. @Adrian_Scope is the fantasy league expert among us so hopefully he can enlighten me

What about you? 

Good luck this weekend.

• Ignatiusyork
    Ignatiusyork Community member Posts: 112 Courageous
    Hello All,

You can stick with the same player you have captained if that player is really on form and can get you more points because the player that is captain points is doubled by 2. if the captain you selected is not available to play a matched then the points will go to the vice captain.
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  I initially started by changing the captain each week but I think I am going to adopt the same tactic as you and stick with the same captain, though today I learnt Mane is unavailable and he is my captain. That said, I'm happy with my vice captain so I think I'll stick to it as it is for now. Thank you. Best of luck to you for another great weekend :) Thank you
    Hi @Ignatiusyork
                                Thank you for sharing that with us, much appreciated :) Hope you have a good weekend on the Fantasy League. Thank you
  • Ross_Alumni
    Thanks for that @Ignatiusyork, that's really helpful :) I'll keep my captain as my best player then. 

I had a pretty poor weekend overall. I replaced Son because I thought he was injured, then he only went and scored a couple of goals. I had Oli Watkins on my bench and he got a hattrick :D 

• Ross_Alumni
    I've allocated myself some time this evening for some 'study'. I want a better weekend than the last before the break, I'll definitely be getting Son back in my team.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.