Hi, my name is frankguk and I have a question about SEN policy. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is frankguk and I have a question about SEN policy.

Options
frankguk
frankguk Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2020 in Education
Just a,quick question the academy my son attended have a policy on Sen but no written procedures because every child is different is this actually a valid approach. Certainly in the role I fulfill written procedures are a requirement not a frippery.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I don't believe it has to be written, providing are are giving the support that's needed. Have you spoeken the his SEN support or SENCO?

Does he have a EHCP? If he doesn't and he needs more support than they can provide without one then it will be worth looking at this but it's not an easy or straight forward process and can take quite a few months, once the process starts but the waiting list to start it could be very long.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • frankguk
    frankguk Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks I don't believe he did receive the necessary support but difficult to prove without written procedures to baseline their response against.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @frankfuk

Good Afternoon & Welcome to our online community/family.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

It’s great to see that you have already meet poppy.

If there is anything else that I can help/support you with please come back to me.

@steve51

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @frankguk Welcome to the community, I dont have an answer for you but maybe you can find something in our parents and carers section. I know I have seen posts regarding this in the past
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @frankgUK and welcome to our online community.  I'm glad you found us and I'm sorry to hear your son received inadequate support for his learning needs.

I've moved your post to our education discussion board so it's in a good place for all things learning related.  You might want to browse this section too to explore what other people have experienced around SEN policy.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.