Has the Covid situation, helped or hindered the PIP assessments?...and LCWRA'S?... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has the Covid situation, helped or hindered the PIP assessments?...and LCWRA'S?...

BendyHedge
BendyHedge Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited September 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'll try and explain what i'm getting at!

With the limited contact  ect  !...Are these teams more able to make harsher judgements....with the knowledge that a tribunal(after the mandatory) process would be a much harder or cumbersome thing to do?....Without splitting hairs...im trying to work out ,if its easier to get an unwanted negative stance towards claims...due to the covid and social distancing.....

I can see that a face to face or being called in(if you have problems walking etc) this is a massive bonus...so im trying to work out ,if there are any pros and cons to all this., 
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I can give you one example from my PIP assessment a comment by the HCP stating that I use a walking stick and that "it appeared to be well worn" not something they could see during a telephone assessments. Some people will tell you that the lack of f2f assessments favours the claimant, I'm not too sure about that.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I would say that with the better success rates for MR and tribunals recently the covid has had a positive affect for claims 

As for the assessments I'm not too sure 
  • jinnty
    jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Hello, I’m sorry to be so ignorant, but can someone please explain what the letters mean, eg, lcwra, and others? I am confused with the terms, I know pip and esa, but other than that I don’t know. Thank you for taking the time to reply if you can. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    jinnty said:
    Hello, I’m sorry to be so ignorant, but can someone please explain what the letters mean, eg, lcwra, and others? I am confused with the terms, I know pip and esa, but other than that I don’t know. Thank you for taking the time to reply if you can. 

LCW or Limited capability for work is the same as WRAG for ESA. LCWRA or limited capability for work related activity is the same as Support Group for ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.