Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

Claiming more than three months in the past.

Can you make a claim for ESA for more that three months past. Such as for one or two years ago?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,510 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 26
    No, a claim can only be backdated for a maximum of 3 months and then the fit note from your GP also needs to be backdated for the same time. Any claim you make for New style ESA will be a NI credits only, as advised on your other thread.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,510 Disability Gamechanger
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • LittleKittenLittleKitten Member Posts: 17 Listener
    As in can you make a claim, that is specifically meant to be credits only, since got.uk information about NI credits it suggests that if you're eligible for ESA then you can claim class 1 credits.
    I've already answered your questions quite a few times in your previous thread. We're just going round in circles here. You can claim New style ESA only which will be for NI credits only, you will not have any payments. You can backdated it for a maximum of 3 months but is it worth doing that for a credits only claim?

You can't claim the old Income related ESA.
    Does the credits only ESA claim come to an end after a year?
    No.
    Can you request reconsideration of ESA entitlement at any time, regardless of how long the claim has been going for?
    It's within the first month after a decision's been made but with good reason you have 13 months. Not sure why you are asking that question though.
Sign in or join us to comment.