I would like apply for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I would like apply for PIP

Options
Howard
Howard Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I would like apply for p.i.p

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

You may want to look in our PIP section for lots of advice about claiming it 

Have a look at the descriptors and see where you may score points 

If you want to apply you start the process by calling the PIP helpline 

Come back and ask if there is anything specific you want to know 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Howard and welcome to our online community.

Have you thought about @janer1967 's advice?  and do you need any more support to get started with a PIP claim?

I hope you are keeping well.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Howard - & welcome to the community. Here's a list of the activities/descriptors mentioned above: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf
    You will see this shows the scores that may be gained for activities of daily living &/mobility. You need 8 or more points to get an award of the standard rate for each component (daily living & mobility), & 12 or more points to get the enhanced rate for either component.
    Perhaps this will help you decide if you may be able to get PIP. If you decide to start a claim for PIP, you need to ring 0800 917 2222. There's also some info about PIP here: https://www.gov.uk/pip
    If you have any questions, as mentioned above, please do say. Hope this helps. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Howard and welcome to the community :) 

Has the above advice been useful? 

Let us know how else we can help you out :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.