Finding A Grant For a Disabled Child — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finding A Grant For a Disabled Child

NPUK
NPUK Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Where can I get a grant during these difficult times??  I am supporting a family of a disabled 12yr old boy.  He has outgrown his running/cycling stroller and as his disease has progressed he also needs more support for his trunk and head.  Being able to go outdoors with his dad who jogs with him in the stroller or takes him into the countryside is such a wonderful experience for him.  He has lost the ability to speak but his vocal sounds demonstrate how much he is enjoying this experience.  We don't want him to be stuck indoors in his wheelchair so would like to secure a grant for him to get the adult stroller but it's very expensive.  The family have managed to get a grant from one small charity but they have a £1400 shortfall as the stroller is very expensive.  A lot of the grant providers eligibility criteria states they must be on benefits but the only benefit they have is DLA for their son.  Does anyone know of any charities that I could approach?  My first thought was The Family Fund but their criteria is that the family have to be on a low income and in receipt of benefits.  I hope someone can help as it would mean the world to this family if they could continue giving their son some much needed outdoor leisure experiences.  Many thanks in anticipation of your help.  I've found this site so fantastic when asking for advice and information.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.