How clear are you about the new coronavirus 3-tier system and how it will impact you? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How clear are you about the new coronavirus 3-tier system and how it will impact you?

Options
Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
Following the government's announcement of a new 3-tier system for coronavirus restrictions, we wondered how clear you were about what it meant for you and your everyday life.

Let us know what your feelings are by voting and leaving a comment if you wish :)
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

How clear are you about the new coronavirus 3-tier system and how it will impact you? 7 votes

Very clear
14%
66Mustang 1 vote
Slightly clear
28%
janer1967OverlyAnxious 2 votes
Neutral
28%
deb74Chloe_Scope 2 votes
Slightly unclear
0%
Very unclear
14%
leeCal 1 vote
I'm not aware of the new 3-tier system
14%
TylaGismo2 1 vote

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Slightly clear
    I get most of it I am in high tier area no mixing inside but how does it affect those who live alone who last time could form a bubble with 1 other household 

While I get the tier system it's all mad to me my child can go to school in a class of 30 wearing no mask or social distancing but on way home can only mix with up to 6 

Then when at home cant mix with anyone so cant see a friend that he had just spent 7 hours with at school 

My main concern though is the impact this will have on christmas after a tough year lots of people will now be forced into a solitary season of goodwill 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @janer1967 These two gov.uk webpages might help clear up the support bubble question:

High alert

You must not meet socially with friends and family indoors in any setting unless you live with them or have formed a support bubble with them. This includes private homes, and any other indoor venues such as pubs and restaurants.
    support bubble is where a household with one adult joins with another household. Households in that support bubble can still visit each other, stay overnight, and visit public places together.
    Informal childcare can also be provided via childcare bubbles. Find out more about childcare bubbles in the ‘Childcare’ section below.

Very-high alert

You must not meet socially with friends and family indoors in any setting unless they are part of your household or support bubble. This includes private homes and indoors in hospitality venues, such as pubs. You must also not meet with people outside of your household or support bubble in a private garden or in most outdoor public venues.
    support bubble is where a household with one adult joins with another household. Households in that support bubble can still visit each other, stay overnight, and visit public places together.
    Informal childcare can also be provided via childcare bubbles. Find out more about childcare bubbles in the ‘Childcare’ section below.

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Slightly clear
    Thanks @Tori_Scope that clears it up 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Anyone else got any thoughts? 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Slightly clear
    I'm fairly clear...  Still in Tier 1 so nothings changed locally.  

I'm still 'choosing' to live under Tier 3 restrictions though, not mixing with anyone indoors and not using any shops other than the supermarket.  I do feel sorry for the people in hospitality and the arts that are losing their livelihoods though.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Neutral
    I just hope it is communicated when different places change levels. Will it almost be an instant switched to another level? 
    Scope

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very clear
    I don’t understand what people mean when they say the virus will cost the world x trillion dollars.

It’s not possible for the whole world to gain or lose wealth. Wealth is like energy, it isn’t created or destroyed, it just moves from one place to another.

What this means is there must be a group of people who are gaining the x trillion dollars that is being spent - the money doesn’t just disappear - my question is who are these people?

Unless the loan is coming from another planet. :/
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    Neutral
    I live in Powys in Wales and at the moment we are not affected by the tier system but I am sure we will be before long!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.