Tens for knee pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tens for knee pain

Options
TylaGismo2
TylaGismo2 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hiya I've been suffering from knee pain that's literally taken my ability to walk, my team and I are looking into the cause, but the pain has been unbearable even with codeine and ice and other painkillers 
I've been looking at tens machines as a last resort to see if that'll help
I just wanted to ask if anyone uses tens machines for pain and if it helps 
Or if anyone specifically uses it on their legs 

Thank you!!

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @TylaGismo2 :) It's great to have you on board. I'm sorry that you're in so much pain, but it sounds like you have a supportive medical team around you. 

I don't have any personal experience of tens machines, but hopefully some of our other members will have done! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TylaGismo2, we're not medical professionals, but from personal experience it does really help me.

I have cerebral palsy which does affect my legs, as well as a chronic pain condition which isn't fully managed by medication.

I also find epsom salts amazing to put in the bath and use a portable TENS machine for bad days or when I'm out and about.

Hope this helps. :)
    Scope

• TylaGismo2
    Options
    I may have to give it a shot then!
    Because my leg and knee pain is so bad right now I cannot get in and out of my bath ? but I'll keep that in mind for when I'm feeling better! 

But if you think it'd be worth a shot there's no harm in trying! ? Thank you!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    No problem @TylaGismo2! If you can't get into the bath, magnesium spray is a good alternative. I hope it helps. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome I just wanted to say hello and hope you get some relief from your pain

Let us know if the tens machine works
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TylaGismo2 - & welcome to the community from me too. I have used a TENS machine before, but that was for back pain.
    Something I know some people use is a hemp based Arnica cream, based on natural products. The one I've seen mentioned the most is the 'ruby' one (Rose Geranium + Bay Laurel) especially those in a twist Tube. You can get small pots, but they are really small. Please see: https://www.fiddlerselbowgrease.co.uk/arnica-feg-balm     & https://www.fiddlerselbowgrease.co.uk/arnica-feg-balm/arnica-hemp-balm---vegan-30ml-tube
    I've had free sample pots of their hemp balm before, but tend to give them away to other people that have pain!
    The person that started this up was a violinist, hence the name 'Fiddler's Elbow Grease,' but she had to stop due to fibromyalgia. This product might be an option for you. :)

• TylaGismo2
    Options
    Hiya thank you for the warm welcome

I have tried many CBD and hemp products the past few weeks and unfortunately they've not done much for me at all due to the intensity of the pain I'm in I feel like they'd probably work on a regular fibro day but at the moment this knee pain is too much ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    I'm sorry things haven't helped @TylaGismo2, has it been affecting your sleep?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.