I need a copy of my pip award — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need a copy of my pip award

alanj57
alanj57 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i need a copy of my pip award also how long ive got left on my current award   wher can i get this info from 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

You can call the helpline and ask them for a copy and ask how long your award I'd for 

Try ringing first thing to avoid long wait 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alanj57 - & welcome to the community. As advised above, ring the PIP enquiry line (Tel: 0800 121 4433) open Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm., & ask for a copy of your PIP decision letter. This letter will say when your current award is due to end. Be prepared for a rather long wait, it could take anything from 20 - 60 mins, to get through. Monday might be a bad day; perhaps try 8am on Tuesday. Hope this helps. :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Hi,

The opening times for the PIP line has changed since Covid19, they are now open between 9am and 5 pm Mon-Fri.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for the update @poppy123456
  • alanj57
    alanj57 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    THANKS FOR THE ADVICE  WILL PHONE THEM FIRST THING VERY EARLY
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alanj57 and welcome to the community. 

I see you've already had some fantastic responses above! Best of luck getting the copy of your letter, let us know if there's anything else you need help with :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @alanj57. :)

Hope you managed to get through. 
    Scope

• musicfiendcouk
    musicfiendcouk Scope Member Posts: 1 Listener
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @alanj57 - & welcome to the community. As advised above, ring the PIP enquiry line (Tel: 0800 121 4433) open Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm., & ask for a copy of your PIP decision letter. This letter will say when your current award is due to end. Be prepared for a rather long wait, it could take anything from 20 - 60 mins, to get through. Monday might be a bad day; perhaps try 8am on Tuesday. Hope this helps. :)
    Post Covid, their opening times appear to have reduced. After calling the 0800 number (which is something at least 🙄) is that times are now 9am to 5pm.
    So as not to be disappointed, do take note of this - they are a government department afterall. 😂
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for reminding us of the new times @musicfiendcouk, this thread is quite old now, but it's always good to have up to date information, thanks to yourself and Poppy :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • MiltonD
    MiltonD Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I'm waiting for a letter after a new award.  It's been a month so far!  Is anyone else experiencing lengthy delays?  I feel so powerless.  I need the letter for a bus pass.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,645 Disability Gamechanger
    After a month I'd say it's probably lost could you ask for another @MiltonD?
  • MiltonD
    Thanks, I will.  They seem very over-stretched!  Of course, the absurdity of having to check if I still have cerebral palsy every few years is such a waste of resources.  (Not to mention deeply upsetting)
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,645 Disability Gamechanger
    There are so many of their decisions that are just ridiculous in my mind. I know they can't just blanket award everyone with the same condition as we're all impacted differently but there are conditions that won't change or will only get worse so why keep on reviewing?? 
    Everyone seems over stretched at the moment they really need to sort it out. I hope you get your letter soon <3
  • MiltonD
  • MiltonD
    It's rotten just having to wait, but I know that many people have it far worse.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Hi @MiltonD. I always say would you not talk about your happiness if other people were happier?

It's fine to find it rotten, waiting can be horrible. It's more of a reflection of the situation than you as a person.

Is there anything we could do to make this feel more manageable for you at the moment? We are here for you if we can do anything to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.