Hi, I’m Lex — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I’m Lex

LexWood
LexWood Community member Posts: 5 Listener
My 7month old little boy has an undiagnosed brain condition resulting in developmental delay and spasms. We’ve been told to expect life long learning disabilities so I’m looking to connect with parents on a similar journey. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome glad you have joined I am sorry to hear of your sons health issues 

You may find some members on our parents and carers section or the parents of disabled children 

There is usually people around to help and just chat 
  • LexWood
    LexWood Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thanks so much! 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @LexWood and welcome to our online community.  I'm glad you found us!

Congratulations on the birth of your little boy and I'm sorry to hear he has a brain condition.  How have you found becoming a mum so far?  

I see you have found our neurological conditions board and I hope our members stories and experiences can offer you some comfort.  As @janer1967 said, our parents and carers section is a useful read too.  

Have you been able to access much support from the NHS or any other organisations?  I hope you have but please let us know if you need any specific help.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LexWood - & welcome to this friendly community. You'll find some really nice people here to chat to any time you want as well. Or for distraction come & meet us in our virtual 'Coffee lounge.' I'm pleased you have joined, & hopefully you will connect with other parents too. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @LexWood! It's good to see that you've already been getting involved in a couple of other discussions. How are you and your son getting on today? 

You might also want to check to see if you're eligible to benefit from Scope's Navigate service, if that's something you'd be interested in:
    Navigate is a national mentoring service, that provides online emotional support for parents and carers of disabled children who are finding out about their child’s additional needs.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.