Hi, my name is Mohammad Islam — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Mohammad Islam

Options
islamrifat86
islamrifat86 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi my name is Mohammad Removed by moderator (personal details). I am new to this community. I have a Five years and Ten months old autistic son he attends a primary school. Last year in December the inclusion manager told that my Son's EHC plan will be completed by next session but since July 2020 I have been emailing the inclusion manager to know some update about the EHC assessment and its progress but they are not responding to any of my email.
I speak to the class teacher almost every day regarding this and she also confirms that she has passed my message to the inclusion manager, but the inclusion manager is still ignoring my emails.
I can see that this is a obvious discrimination.
I am feeling so helpless and lonely.
Any advice and suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you       
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,013 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Has the assessment actually taken place? if so has a decision actually been made yet?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • islamrifat86
    Options
    Hi Last year in December I have been informed by the inclusion manager that she will speak to the local speech and language therapist and they are expecting to complete the plan by next session but after that no other update.
    I have been emailing them for last three months but no reply and I have also checked with the Local authorities and found out no assessment has been made yet.
    I don’t know why the school inclusion manager is not responding.
    Thanks for your concern 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There could potentially be a backlog of people waiting for assessments due to Covid19 holding most things back. Once the assessment starts your local council will give you a decision within 16 weeks whether they are going ahead with the EHCP.

Did the school refer him? If they did then i'd advise you to speak to them to ask them to contact your local authority on your behalf to ask what exactly is happening.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @islamrifat86 and welcome to the community :) 

I'm sorry to hear about the delays you've had in being able to get an EHCP in place for your son, it must be very difficult for you as a parent.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • islamrifat86
    Options
    Hi all 
    I informed the local authorities EHC coordinator, school EHC case worker and Independent advice and support services the called the school and asked for update and this morning I just had a chat with the school's inclusion manager and they confirmed me that they are going to send the paperwork and assessment request to the local authorities by this week.
    I am feeling hopeful.
    Thanks  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm glqad you were able to speak to someone. Once the assessment starts then there's a deadline of 16 weeks for a decision to made. Once it's made if they agree to the EHCP a draft one will be written and sent to you, if there's anything in there that you're not happy with you need to tell them. Once it's all agreed to final EHCP will be written and a copy of this will be sent to you. Overall the process shouldn't take any longer than 20 weeks.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.