Would you like a solution for your online shopping delivery problems? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would you like a solution for your online shopping delivery problems?

Options
Big_Box_Pod
Big_Box_Pod Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Good Morning,

Being mainly housebound I do the majority of my shopping online. When the courier with my order rings my doorbell I am frequently unable to physically get to the door due to my disabilities, which often results in my order being taken back as undelivered, or simply left at my front door for all the world to see. Or sometimes a card will come through my letterbox saying my order has been put in a ‘safe place’, which is frustrating when I can’t leave the house, or the ‘safe place’ is not accessible in my wheelchair.

What I really wanted was to control how my online shopping was delivered to my home at my convenience, and not that of the courier. This resulted in me designing a ‘Parcel Delivery Pod’ that would be installed by my front door, and would be Contactless, User Inclusive & Eco-Friendly. I called my design it ‘Big Box Pod’ as it can take big boxes and its like having your own ‘Post Box’ right outside your front door.

All I would need when placing an order would be to add the access code for the pod to my ‘Delivery Instructions’ which the courier would enter into a digital lock when making the delivery. I would then as normal receive an email confirming my delivery has been delivered, at which point I could choose when I went to collect my parcel in my own time, or ask someone else to get it for me if I was unable to.

I would like to ask the community if they would find a product like this useful in receiving their own online deliveries, and what features it should include to cater for all types of disability? In addition, I would like to get a greater understanding of the problems people have experienced when receiving online shopping orders to their homes?

Many thanks for reading my post and I look forward to your responses.

Have a great day,

Steve

Big Box Pods

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.