How I communicate — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How I communicate

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    I really enjoyed watching this @disabledkevin! The hat is a great piece of kit. You're also right that the way we communicate has changed because of lockdown, I know I've been messaging friends more often as I'm not necessarily able to meet with them in person in the same way as before.

Just to let you know, I've moved this into the Disability Aids and Equipment category :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing with us
  • forgoodnesssake
    forgoodnesssake Community member Posts: 502 Pioneering
    Great video! Nice and clear.  My son uses both hi tec communication aid and a spelling board like yours but instead of using his nose he uses the other persons finger (grasping it) as a sort of counterweighted pointer, and just like you, we would say each letter and then the word to check we've got it right.  If we are pretty sure we know the word before he's finished spelling we'd say it but always check with him that we are correct!  Just in case people want to know more about alternatives to speech, look at Communication Matters website www.communicationmatters.org.uk

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.