allowance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

allowance

laxy
laxy Community member Posts: 38 Connected
hi does any body get an extra top up in esa, if you get pip? so i heard if you get pip then you could get more esa topped up.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The disability premiums are only paid with Income Related ESA. So it will totally depend on which ESA it is that you're claiming. If it's new style ESA or Contirbuitons based then the premiums are not paid.

If it's Income Related then which group are you in? WRAG or Support Group?
    What PIP award do you have?
    Do you live alone? and does anyone claim carers allowance or carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you?

More information is needed before any further advice can be given.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • laxy
    @poppy123456 i get enchanced pip and also new style esa, with limited capabilty work related etc i cannot work due ill health
  • poppy123456
    Thank you for that information. Unfortunately, the disability premiums (top ups) are not payable when claiming New style ESA because this is a contributions based only benefit.
    See link and look at eligibility. https://www.gov.uk/disability-premiums/eligibility They are only paid when claiming the old Income related ESA.

Are you claiming Universal Credit as well as New style ESA?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • laxy
     thank you so much for the information
  • laxy
    yes i get universal credit too i have a small child aswell
  • poppy123456
    Then it sounds like you are claiming everything you're entitled to. The LCWRA for UC is the top up of benefits you're entitled to which pays more than Support Group for ESA. Also for UC the standard element has also been increased since April 2020 by about £90 per month, which is in place until April 2021.

Make sure you're also claiming council tax reduction which isn't part of UC.
  • laxy
    oh i didnt no i get can council tax reduction thank for this information
  • laxy
    you know i fought to get pip after being rejected twice and uc was a battle tooo and esa too despite all medical evidence
  • poppy123456
    laxy said:
    oh i didnt no i get can council tax reduction thank for this information

Your welcome. You can apply for council tax reduction by using this link here. https://www.gov.uk/apply-council-tax-reduction
    The majority of people do claim disability benefits successfully without any problems. Thankfully, you are claiming everything now :)

• laxy
    i have just finished putting the council tax reduction form thanks to you, xxxxfingers cross 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. If you are the only adult in the house then you will also receive 25% single person discount, which you should have already be claiming anyway.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.