Hi, my name is buzzy! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is buzzy!

Options
buzzy
buzzy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have degenerative spine 2 Operations, constant pain, Why is doctor constantly withdrawing pain meds, Some days I feel life is not worth living.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Welcome to the community @buzzy :) I'm really glad you've reached out to us today. You're not the only one who has felt this way, and we're all here to try and support you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're in so much pain, and that this is causing you to feel so low. Have you spoken about this with your doctor, or asked for a referral to a pain clinic? 

Are you receiving any support for your mental health at the moment? Please remember that there are people you can talk to in the moments you find yourself thinking that life isn't worth living. You can always:
    • Call Samaritans on 116 123, or email them on jo@samaritans.org
    • Text SHOUT to 85258
    • Ring 999 or travel to your nearest A&E department if you feel unable to keep yourself safe
    I've sent you an email too. If you could give it a read and get back to us, that'd be great :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome @buzzy glad you have joined and I am sorry you are in such pain 

Have you spoke to your gp about referral to pain management clinic or maybe your consultant can get involved to instruct your gp of meds you require 

Hope you get sorted 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.