Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Housing

hasshass Member Posts: 75 Connected
edited November 12 in Disabled people

Hi all 

Hope your well.
I really need help.
Does anyone know if social services 
Can help with emergency housing 
Even if you have a place to go but it's not safe.
Thank you

Tagged:

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 21,139 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's unlikely they will help with this. Why aren't you safe?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • RacheleLeahSilveraRacheleLeahSilvera Member Posts: 41 Connected
    @hass
    Hello and and yes they can but it depends upon the severity of your current living situation, your needs and age.
    I myself have recently been moved in to the care of social services due to my high risk and vulnerability of living with my parent but as I am under 18 and disabled it was straightforward and quick.   
  • hasshass Member Posts: 75 Connected
    I'm over 40 I've been up and down da country  since lockdown 
    I ended up at my parents the same place I left many yrs ago due to abuse  
    My current property is not safe due to disrepair and harrassment  hence  

I have multiple hralth problems  both physical and mental 
    I'm sick of government not talking housing seriously 
    Its everthing from health to wealth safety and security  bad housing  recks  life's 
  • RacheleLeahSilveraRacheleLeahSilvera Member Posts: 41 Connected
    @hass
    I am sorry to hear that.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Administrator Posts: 1,327 Pioneering
    Hi @hass, how are you today? 

Sorry to hear about your current situation. Are you safe at the moment and free from the harassment?

If the place where you live isn't in the best state, have you tried contacting your housing provider about the issue?
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 5,144 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sorry to hear about your situation, if you are at risk then contact your local council housing dept

If you current priperty is private rent then discuss issues with provider 

Also maybe contact shelter organisation who may be able to help  
  • hasshass Member Posts: 75 Connected
    Hi all thank you 
    I'm not in private accomadation   I' m in housing association  they are aware of the anti social behaviour  since 2006 to present

I have been away since the lock down I had no choice I would have died in the flat 

I have found socilotor  that took a long whille but she not simpathetic I haven't told her about the abuse I've suffered from my family 
    Im 45 yrs old 

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 21,139 Disability Gamechanger
    @hass
    Hello and and yes they can but it depends upon the severity of your current living situation, your needs and age.
    I myself have recently been moved in to the care of social services due to my high risk and vulnerability of living with my parent but as I am under 18 and disabled it was straightforward and quick.   

Hi,

That would have been because you are under 18. When you're an adult, it's a totally different story.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.