Difficult — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Difficult

harry01
harry01 Community member Posts: 217 Courageous
The pain is quite horrible. It's always harder to handle at nighttime. I get really depressed. The doctors still haven't really been doing much to make sure I'm comfortable. It just gets in the way of sleep and eating normally. I made the point of focussing on eating and taking sleep seriously. Sometimes I wish these doctors could have this so they'd stop dilly dallying and make sure some of the pains were sorted do I could focus on the basics. They dont have an interest or even care. 

They prescribed me antibiotics which was stupid. They don't seem to be open to what could actually be causing the pain. I try to help them but they don't really listen. If they're going to be so barrow minded then they'll always fail people in pain and continue to be clueless about the psychological distress it causes. They don't even understand how it makes you angry. They don't understand anything. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry you still havent found any relief from your pain have you been referred at all to pain management ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm also sorry to hear that things are still very difficult @harry01. I think I remember you saying that you'd been to see a physiotherapist after you'd received the diagnosis for your shoulder. Has that helped alleviate the shoulder pain at all?

Have you had a reply from PALS about the complaint you made? 

Have you been able to get your gingivitis under control? I think you said you'd been referred to get your teeth and gums looked at and cleaned, is that right? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Local pain clinic is the way forward ask your GP to refer you.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• harry01
    @Tori_Scope I'm making ground with my cleaning. I'm hoping that that should make a big difference. Pals haven't got back to me yet. The fact I'm eating more regularly seems to help. I'm hoping that finally getting rid of this gum inflammation should relieve this pain. They are additionally meant to be treating this skin infection thing. I think it will be completely different just to get rid of this extra pain. Different world. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Well it sounds like you're on the right track at least @harry01. I can only imagine how difficult it must be at the moment, but hopefully the treatments will start to work soon. 

It's great to hear that you're able to eat more regularly now too :) 

• harry01
    Yeah, the pain impacts everything. You have to focus on the absolute basics. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Of course @harry01. Have you been given any indication on when you might get some treatment for your skin infection? 

• harry01
    @Tori_Scope they have given me a cream. I have actually used it for one month and it hasn't cleared but I inquired how 'thin' how much of the cream I should use. The doctor suggested that the cream he prescribed was the best thing so I figured perhaps to use more.

Slightly concerning though that I was telling them where I got it from. I bought this Vaseline product from Amazon marketplace and when I used it this yellow 'stuff' clung to my skin. I tested vaseline elsewhere and in chemists and clearly it's not a problem that other people get so I'm not sure how it caused me this skin infection. Anyway, thats when I got it. In 2015. I contacted Amazon but they won't do anything until I have a confirmed diagnosis. That's why it was so distressing because the GP surgery has only just taken a skin sample and the dermatology appointment was meant to be in June but is now January. 
  • harry01
    If this cream doesn't work I'm hoping at least that the skin sample finally tells them what cream is needed. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sure January will be here before you know it and the appointment will be happening, hopefully the outcome of that helps provide you with some answers @harry01.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • harry01
    Meant to say that it's not typical of the product itself. Im not happy to wait for anything. I don't think it's the sort of thing anyone should be waiting for. If it really takes one month to do a skin sample they should have done that over a year ago. The original practice I was with in 2015. Honestly when they solve this I just will avoid anything that might expose me to need their help ever again. I might train to actually help people as a doctor. 
  • Tori_Scope
    I think wanting to help others in the same position as you is a wonderful idea @harry01 :) 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.