Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I'm a celebrity... get me out of here official chat thread

Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Administrator Posts: 1,842 Pioneering
Did anyone catch last night's first show?  If so, what did you think to the castle and this years contestants?  Any early favourites? 

Personally, I love this year's setting and thought it really showed off some of Wales beautiful landscape and culture.  I'll be interested to see how Mo Farah copes without his regular exercise and I thought Jordan being nauseous was quite funny  :D  

Also, it brought a bit of 'normality' to lockdown and was nice to see on my telly again! 
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 

Replies

• 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 2,806 Disability Gamechanger
    I might be out of date/touch but I thought it was set in the Australian outback? :o Is it to do with Covid that they cannot travel?
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 5,143 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes @66Mustang change of venue due to covid 

@Cher_Scope I watched it love this programme thinking of Jordan he also looks terrified for tonight's trial 
    Not got a favourite as yet 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Administrator Posts: 1,842 Pioneering
    @66Mustang Here's a Radio Times article that explains where it is.

@janer1967 oh poor lad.  Now the public have seen how scared he gets he will no doubt get voted for loads of trials  :D

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
  • OxonladyOxonlady Member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Hi @Cher_Scope. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that perhaps I'm the only person in the country who dislikes "I'm a Celebrity..." so much that I refuse to watch it.
    I think, really, these people don't have any problems or pain or adversity in their lives so we have to create some unpleasant situations for them to endure? And how can this possibly be "fun" for anyone to have to watch people squirming with fear and disgust? Sorry, I cannot consider this to be entertaining... 
    @Oxonlady Yes, it's not everyone's cup of tea.  In-fact, my partner agrees with you and refuses to watch it if they are doing any trials so you aren't alone! 

I think for the celebs its purely motivated by money and fame, while for us viewers, we get a kick out of seeing famous people in uncomfortable situations!  There's nowt as odd as folk.

• Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Administrator Posts: 1,292 Pioneering
    I think Ant and Dec make the show what it is, whoever writes their jokes deserves several prizes. I love the whole show, but without them I think it would lose a lot of viewers.
    Online Community Coordinator

• GrinchyGrinchy Member Posts: 262 Pioneering
     we love it, but know its not for everyone, my wife and i watch it together, really enjoy it
    Who do you want to win this year @Grinchy?

not sure yet, still early days, i'm sure we will have a favourite in a week or so 
    You're spot on there I think :) 

• chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 5,246 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm with you @Oxonlady - you're not alone; I don't watch it either.
  • WestHam06WestHam06 Community champion, Scope Volunteer Posts: 837 Pioneering
    Hi @Cher_Scope
                                 Thank you so much for starting this thread, I absolutely love this show and I agree with @Ross_Scope, Ant and Dec make this show, without them I'm not sure it would have been going for as long as it has. Good on Jordon last night, he stuck at it and achieved his goal in the trial :) Also, really enjoying the new setting, shows Wales beautiful landscape. I really admire Victoria Derbyshire, she's not in it for the money, she has had a tough time battling Breast Cancer and it has given her a different outlook on life and made her want to try new things outside of her comfort zone, total respect :)  Thank you
    I was so nervous for Jordan last night, but yeah I was delighted for him that he did it in the end. Bless, you could tell how terrified he was, they don't normally get that scared.

last nights show was great, Jordan did so well, but i think he'll be voted in for every scary sounding trial, makes good tv
    Ant and Dec are ace, love them
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 21,138 Disability Gamechanger
    This is the best TV program of the whole year for me, i love it! I've watched it for many many years. It's a little different this year not seeing them in that usual jungle but i still love it. Ant and Dec are so funny. I just need to make sure i'm not drinking my pepsi while they are talkiing.... Night 3 tonight and can't wait!
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Looking forward to the eating trial tonight :) 

Brilliant trial last night, again they absolutely smashed it :) I think they are a really good group but it will be interesting to see whether the introduction of the two new celebrities has any impact. Also, what about the questions regarding the weather, really, only 26%. Like the celebrities, I would have chosen 44%, but missed out on the treat :( Please may I ask, has anyone had Welsh cakes before? Thank you
    @WestHam06 I have had Welsh cakes not really my thing as they have dried fruit in them 

They are a bit like in between a scone and a biscuit with dried fruit 
    That answer to the weather question did confuse me @WestHam06, I thought it would be the higher answer too, for sure.

How about that eating trial? They always make me feel uneasy.

edited November 19
    Hi @janer1967
                              Thank you so much for the answer, I must admit, I don't think they really sound like my sort of thing either :neutral: Thank you
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  I'm pleased I wasn't the only one confused by that answer :) Last night's question was one I had to really think about, though, like the celebrities, I would have got that one right :) I loved the way Jordon thought of the tattoo on Nessa's arm in Gavin and Stacey to come to a conclusive answer, brilliant :) I know, the eating trials are never easy ones to watch and it seems they seem to be getting earlier in the series, there is definitely more to come :) Please may I ask, did you see the I'm a Celebrity show, on a week before this series started, celebrating the this year being the twentieth series? Ant and Dec did an eating trial- so funny :) Poor Jordon, up again for the trial, at least he had a night off last night :) Thank you
    Yes that was really funny how he knew the answer from watching Gavin and Stacey @WestHam06, such a random place to gain wisdom from :D 

I haven't seen that show no, but I would definitely like to, seeing Ant and Dec do a trial would be so much fun. I'll have a look for it.

Yes I'm quite apprehensive for Jordan as he is doing the trial alone. How do you think he'll do?

I hope that you are able to find the Ant and Dec trial, definitely worth a watch :) I think Jordon will complete the trial and I think he will get 7 stars, please may I ask how do you think he will do? Thank you 
  • RacheleLeahSilveraRacheleLeahSilvera Member Posts: 41 Connected
    Did anyone catch last night's first show?  If so, what did you think to the castle and this years contestants?  Any early favourites? 

Personally, I love this year's setting and thought it really showed off some of Wales beautiful landscape and culture.  I'll be interested to see how Mo Farah copes without his regular exercise and I thought Jordan being nauseous was quite funny  :D  

Also, it brought a bit of 'normality' to lockdown and was nice to see on my telly again! 
    @Cher_Scope
    Yeah I did and love this years line up. I'm was also happy to see representation on the show of somebody who was a disability as It is pretty rare especially in a show of that nature.
    edited November 19
    Just catching up with this thread after some days off and I'm loving that some of you are enjoying it as much as me! 

The trial with Jordan, Shane and the snakes in the tomb had me giggling, "happy place, happy place",  Poor Jordan is also doing tonight's trial isn't he? My guess is he'll get 6 stars @WestHam06

And yes @RacheleLeahSilvera it's refreshing to see Hollie Arnold on the show.  Hopefully it will educate the public about how people with missing limbs live their everyday life  :)

Honestly @WestHam06 my gut feeling is that he won't complete the trial, I just have a horrible feeling that him being on his own will make the experience worse for him. Fingers crossed I'm wrong though.

WOW just WOW, Jordon proved everyone wrong and more importantly proved to himself that he can do anything he puts his mind too and overcome his fears, good on him :)

Absolutely agree @Cher_Scope, the trial with Jordon and Shane was brilliant and had me in stitches :smiley: I am not completely sure but I think Jordon's happy place is 'Turf Moor' though he hasn't really mentioned it much :smiley:

Please may I ask, how do people think Mo will get on in this evening's trial? I'm going to go with 10, he's a natural winner though he is in a very different environment. Thank you
    @WestHam06 I'm so proud of Jordan!  You can see his confidence rising and he absolutely smashed last night's trial.   

I'm with you.  I think Mo will do well and will get the highest amount possible, which I think is 12?   :)

I know, you absolutely can see Jordon's confidence rising and it wouldn't surprise me if we see him in the final :) On that note, please may I ask, does anyone have any early feelings about who may be King or Queen of the Castle?
    You're right @Cher_Scope, 12 stars up for grabs in the trial but I'm not sure if Mo will get all 12 but I think he'll do well :) 
    Please may I ask, who's looking forward to the live trial? Thank you
    Mo did well last night, I think the trial was harder than it looked, but very, very funny to watch :smiley: Please may I ask, what did people think of the live trial? I thought it was good and really liked that even though they had been spilt into teams, they were really encouraging of one another, that is exactly what is needed :) Thank you
    edited November 21
    @WestHam06 He did do well!  It reminded me of the Paul Burrell trial that was on years back (if you can remember that far).  I loved his little squeals :D 

Yes I liked the group trial too.  I must admit I only watched half of it because I was tired though - who won in the end?  Has anyone been picked for tonight's trial?

edited November 21
    Hi @Cher_Scope
                                  Hope you are well. I have seen the Paul Burrell trial, absolutely hilarious :smiley: It was shown in the I'm a Celeb show which celebrated this being the twentieth series. Please may I ask, did you see this programme, Ant and Dec did a trial in it, it was classic :smiley:
    The live trial ended with the Lords winning meaning that they recieved a banquet and also meaning that the ladies will be doing tonight's trial, which looks really tough but I have a feeling the ladies will be great at it, though will be highly entertaining for the audience watching at home :smiley: Thank you
    @WestHam06 ooh thank you for the update.  I hoped the ladies would win but nevermind  :D My friend told me about the Ant and Dec trial show, I will watch it on catch-up as it sounds hilarious hehe.

Very disappointed with last nights show wasnt expecting it just to be a repeat of the week though there were a few bits of unseen footage
    @janer1967 Yeah me and and my friends were unimpressed!  I switched over to Netflix to watch a film.  Looking forward to tonight's show though :)

That show on Saturday was strange, but there must have been a good reason for them doing it? 

Either way, love the way Ant and Dec addressed it in the opening scene of last night's show.

Ant and Dec are brilliant and read the situation so well :) Please may I ask, how do people think AJ and Jessica will get on in tonight's trial? It looks like a tough one, I think they will get 8 stars. I'm so pleased Jordon is camp leader, so deserved :) Also, great shout in having Victoria as his deputy. Thank you. 
    I like AJ so glad he is getting some air time finally I hope they do well but think they are all getting fed up of winning all the stars then getting the sort of food they have had so far 
    Anyone watch this last night?  Who's your favourites?  I'm team Jordan and Vernon.  I think Shane is perhaps getting a little bit annoyed by the lack of food and chores too.

Yes I watched last night ,my favourite is AJ but that is because of the other things he has done before lie strictly and hunted (for stand up2 cancer )

Face book is going crazy with comments about Bev being vegan to avoid trials but eating the treats and stuff Im sure I saw her eating the crayfish last night sucking the shells ? Others say her an Mo have been given alternatives like vegan scotch eggs ? Mo can only have halal
    Im not sure myself

Who do you think will be voted out first ?
    I think maybe one of those we have seen less on screen like Holly or Russell will go first :(

Oooh I've not seen the comments on FB yet but I did think Bev got it easy in the eating trial! 

Is tonight the drinking trial? I always enjoy that one

Yes I think it us drinking challenge 

I like it when they have the night at the pub drinking and singing 

And the last trial the water slide thing 
    How funny was last nights trial?  :D  Jess' reaction to the drinks was hilarious.  

I dont know how they can do they would without doubt be sick I have often thought about the affects eating and drinking those stuff would affect the tummy later as like last night. Such a shame to have earnt the starts but then be too sick to eat the reward

I see they made a pointy of showing Bev having a different meal to ther others last night
    Hi all, 
              Been a good week this week :) Please may I ask what your thoughts were about last night's trial? I thought it was tough as there didn't seem to be much space to move around in. I wonder who will be first to go out tonight, I'm team Jordon and team Gi :) Thank you
    I agree @WestHam06 the trial last night did seem to be rather impossible . Glad AJ will be doing a trial tonight.

I think maybe Hollie or Russel will go tonight Russel hasnt been voted yet for anything which is a shame as he would do well I think  
    Thank you @janer1967, I'm pleased I'm not the only one who thought the trial last night was difficult. I agree that it is a shame Russel hasn't been voted to do a trial but it will be interesting to see, if he manages to avoid the vote off tonight, whether he gets an opportunity to do a trial when the celebrities decide who do the trials. Thank you. 
Sign in or join us to comment.