Disability premiums — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability premiums

spb1612
spb1612 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
Who qualifies for the disability premium of £34.95 a week as mentioned here?  I am in receipt of IR ESA and enhanced rate PIP.

I am getting the two other premiums of £66.95 and £17.10 a week.

Will I still receive these premiums once I reach state pension age?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @spb1612 how are you today? Once you reach SRP age your ESA will stop although your PIP will go on for as long as you qualify. However someone might be able to claim carers allowance if they provide 35 hours of care per week and earn less than £120 per week
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    HI,

The disability premium you are talking about is not payable when claiming Income Related ESA as clearly stated in this link here.
    The following was taken from that link above.

You can get the disability premium on its own. You might get the severe or enhanced disability premium as well if you’re eligible for them.

If you get income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) you cannot get the disability premium, but you may still qualify for the severe and enhanced premiums.

When you reach state pension age the SDP can be paid with pension credit, if you qualify for this which you will need to claim once you reach this age. The Enhanced disability premium of £17.10 is not payable when you reach state pension age.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • spb1612
    spb1612 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
    Are these disability premiums taxable for income tax purposes?  PIP is not.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    No....
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.