Any advise? Worsening mobility issues/New to adult NHS/No support available because of Covid 19 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any advise? Worsening mobility issues/New to adult NHS/No support available because of Covid 19

Options
RacheleLeahSilvera
RacheleLeahSilvera Scope Member Posts: 77 Courageous
Due to my condition I am finding mobility increasingly more difficult. I'm unaware of what support is available in this area as I have never had such issues before. I have also just been transferred from child to adult NHS so have a new team of professionals who because of Covid 19 have stopped all non-urgent services until the middle of next year.
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @RacheleLeahSilvera - to be left until the middle of next year for healthcare input is an awful long time :(

Have you spoken to your GP about your worsening mobility issues?  Perhaps they could recommend some support services local to you?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Parrot123
    Parrot123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello  contact your gp and the citizens advice burea. Will get your mp involved.
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @RacheleLeahSilvera welcome to the community. So sorry to hear of your difficulties, like the others have said contact your GP and maybe they’ll be able to give you some advice and support, they could refer you to and OT or Physio so that your mobility can be assessed and the right support or mobility aids put in place for you. I know it’s frustrating, and that it’s a long wait but if you have a chat with them now, you can at least get the ball rolling in the right direction.
  • TayOne
    TayOne Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Rachel, Hi, have some idea how your feeling, I have the same problem. Stick with it though there is help out there, just takes a while to find. I am still sourcing and searching but found here through reading This Morning TV when their agony aunt gave out the website. Keep heart and stay well. 
  • Merl
    Merl Community member Posts: 18 Courageous
    Options
    Hello RacheleLeahSilvera

As it’s now June, I hope that you managed to get the support you need.

Best wishes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.