Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Are you left or right handed? Or ambidextrous (can use both hands)

MrAllen1976MrAllen1976 Member Posts: 182 Pioneering

Are you left or right handed? Or ambidextrous (can use both hands) 12 votes

Left handed
8%
WestHam06 1 vote
Right handed
83%
Ami2301earthchild23woodbine66MustangCher_ScopeTori_ScopeRoss_ScopeMrAllen1976salarPaulT101 10 votes
Ambidextrous (both)
8%
janer1967 1 vote

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 5,143 Disability Gamechanger
    Ambidextrous (both)
    Left handed to write but do everything else right handed 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Administrator Posts: 2,086 Pioneering
    Right handed
    My mum is similar @janer1967, as she had to get used to using her right hand for things.

I'm a boring right-hander. My left-handed handwriting is passable though, as I used to practise when I was at school :D 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 2,806 Disability Gamechanger
    Right handed
    I am also a boring right hander except for driving where of course you should use both hands most of the time the left is my dominant hand which is unusual in the UK. This is because when I was a new driver I damaged my right hand and had to drive with it in a cast. I wasn’t going to stop driving so the left became my dominant hand for using the steering wheel! If I’m going to be lazy on a cruise and put one hand on my lap it will be the right hand.
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 1,600 Disability Gamechanger
    Right handed
    Senior management is left handed i'm right.
  • vikingqueenvikingqueen Member Posts: 184 Pioneering
       Left handed as is my daughter and possibly the little granddaughter, I couldn't use my right hand if my life depended on it  :#
  • MrAllen1976MrAllen1976 Member Posts: 182 Pioneering
    Right handed
    Right handed and legged, when I'm doing my Martial Arts I'm better in left leg stance, right hand punch and right leg kicks, my left legs kicks and left hand punches are a bit weak.

• Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Administrator Posts: 1,292 Pioneering
    Right handed
    Right handed but left footed
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • WestHam06WestHam06 Community champion, Scope Volunteer Posts: 837 Pioneering
    Left handed
    I use my left hand for all tasks, I think I would have been right handed but due to my CP I have had to learn to do things with my left hand if that makes sense. Thank you
  • jae377jae377 Member Posts: 22 Courageous
    I was ambidextrous before my spinal cord damage deprived me of 60% of use of my left arm and leg. Still forget even after 30 years and try to do things with left hand such as pick up a drink (we buy lots of glasses) also think I'm having a good day - try to eat with fork in left hand rather than a spoon in right hand- drop loads/stab myself in face. Most hurtful thing was niece had to write a piece for school using the word slovenly, She wrote "My Uncle Jim is slovenly he drops things down his shirt all the time " praised her for excellent use of word but then discovered neither her mother or father (my brother) had explained that it is because I am disabled that this happens.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Administrator Posts: 2,086 Pioneering
    Right handed
    I'm sorry to hear that @jae377. Were you or your brother and sister-in-law able to have a conversation with your niece about it? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • PaulT101PaulT101 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Right handed
    Am right handed.  For some odd reason they asked me this question yesterday on a telephone assessment for mental health issues.
Sign in or join us to comment.