Wish me luck — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wish me luck

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,612 Disability Gamechanger
I have a mole on my face that has changed quite a lot. On Monday i'm going to hospital to have it removed, they will then test it to see if it's cancer, they think it isn't but we will see, just hoping they're right as when my GP saw it the first thing he said was "skin cancer",, don't suppose they will know for a few days so wish me luck.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I wish you the very best of luck @woodbine, take care.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,282 Pioneering
    Wishing you so much luck woodbine please let us know how you get on 
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Wishing you all the best, @woodbine, I hope it's a benign mole. Take care. 
  • roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Wishing you Good Luck @woodbine I hope all turns out to be fine.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    The very best of luck @woodbine must be a worrying time fingers crossed for you 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    A lot of people have a Mole on their face, and it's just a skin blemish, NOT Cancerous at all, that GP needs to learn some tact.

• woodbine
    A lot of people have a Mole on their face, and it's just a skin blemish, NOT Cancerous at all, that GP needs to learn some tact.

thats true to a point but this mole was for years just flat and now its big and sore, the consultant agreed that it could be cancer and thats why its being removed and checked out, the GP is first class and I was seen by the hospital within 8 days, the removal should have been done 2 weeks ago but has been delayed understandably, so I cant fault the NHS. As for moles on faces I agree and I have a few that are no problem.

• woodbine
    Thank you to all those who have sent their good wishes I don't know how long I will have to wait for the result not too long fingers crossed.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,938 Disability Gamechanger

@woodbine good luck my friend! Do let us know the outcome please!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,570 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck, hopefully it’s nothing serious but best to be safe
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Best wishes @woodbine We are all rooting for you and you have done the right thing by acting on those changes quickly <3 

Keep us updated!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Adding my best wishes too @woodbine - & hope the results come back quickly, & all is well. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Good luck and best wishes today @woodbine. We're all thinking of you.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck @woodbine, I hope you get good news.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    Had it done this afternoon went well, but they took a second mole off that they seemed concerned about both have been sent off for testing just a matter of waiting now. Fingers crossed all ok.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Sending my very best wishes to you @woodbine :) I'm glad it went alright. 

Are you able to do anything tonight to take your mind off of it? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad it went ok today @woodbine did they say how long you have to wait for the results ? Try and keep busy take your mind off it easier said than done I know 
  • woodbine
    Typical isn't it, it was the one question I did't ask but they did say they would write to me.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,938 Disability Gamechanger
    Everything crossed for you!!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    I’m glad it went well for you @woodbine let’s hope it all turns out well.

i actually had one particular mole on my arm which became sore and raised, then it scabbed and then...it fell off! That was about six years ago. Also another which spread badly which was tested and was found to have become a lesion of about a half inch diameter. Both of these on my right arm which is the one in the sun all the time when I used to be driving for quite a while each day. The point being that they weren’t cancerous. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.