Would a software that helps complete your sentences be useful? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would a software that helps complete your sentences be useful?

dm68
dm68 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited November 2020 in Research and opportunities
Hello everyone,

I hope you are keeping well and safe.

My team and I are developing a predictive text teleprompter app that can help people have more fluent spoken conversations when they are struggling to find the right words to say. As you are a speech and language adviser, we want to prioritise your thoughts and opinions in the process, so we would be so grateful if you could fill out the quick survey below to tell us whether this kind of software would be useful to you.

Please do not hesitate to reply here if you would like to know more about our project!

Thank you so much, and have a great week!

Divya and Yaning
UCL

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Hi @dm68! Thanks for posting.

I can see you've made quite a few posts about the same opportunity. We only allow research opportunities to be posted in our Events, Opportunities, and Research category, so I'm going to delete all but one of your posts about this, and move it into that category. I'm also going to temporarily remove your link to the survey.

Please could you email us on community@scope.org.uk with some more details about the project? Once we've verified that this opportunity is right for the community we'll put the survey link back in, and add a small disclaimer to the post.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Just to confirm this research has now been checked and verified.

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.